Avenue install?

rachandsoph

How well does an Avenue install rf?
We drive an '06 Yukon XL. I need to install 4 car seats(all ff) but don't have enough upper tethers(2 seats middle row--driver outboard and middle, 2 seats 3rd row).
This means one seat will need to be rf in 3rd row.
3yr....39in/32.4lb my kid
2yr....34-35in/26.6lb my kid
3yr ....39-40in/36.6lb carpool
3yr....37'ish in/25'ish lb carpool

Seats we have...2 marathons(30lb rf limit)
1 nautilus
1 scenera(35lbrf limit) Absolutely cannot get a good install in any seating position rf:mad:

Any suggestions? I checkeed with dealer and we cannot get another upper tether installed.

TIA for the help/ suggestions.

ADS

canadiangie

How well does an Avenue install rf?
We drive an '06 Yukon XL. I need to install 4 car seats(all ff) but don't have enough upper tethers(2 seats middle row--driver outboard and middle, 2 seats 3rd row).
This means one seat will need to be rf in 3rd row.
3yr....39in/32.4lb my kid
2yr....34-35in/26.6lb my kid
3yr ....39-40in/36.6lb carpool
3yr....37'ish in/25'ish lb carpool

Seats we have...2 marathons(30lb rf limit)
1 nautilus
1 scenera(35lbrf limit) Absolutely cannot get a good install in any seating position rf:mad:

Any suggestions? I checkeed with dealer and we cannot get another upper tether installed.

TIA for the help/ suggestions.

So would you like some help getting your Scenera installed?

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I've definitely installed a Scenera in a Yukon (or was it a Tahoe?)... I know some pool noodles were involved :)

-Nicole.

rachandsoph

So would you like some help getting your Scenera installed?

:) No. I'm ready to turf the thing.....We've used rolled towels and that didn't help either. If you have magical powers with a Scenera, then I'll happily take tips, otherwise, I'll just move on to a different seat.:whistle: Doesn't have to be the Avenue, just needs to be able to install well and tight rf in 3rd row.

Oh, my original question was how easily does the Avenue install rf?
Thanks

canadiangie

Well, the Scenera and Avenue are like first cousins when it comes to a rf installation. You're still going to need some pool noodles or a rolled towel.

For the Scenera, in the 3rd row, I'm assuming a seatbelt install...

Pull back the cover of the Scenera to completely expose the rf belt path.

Remove locking clip from seat, and prepare yourself to use it.

Place 1-3 chunks of pool noodles (if 3, tape them together in the shape of a pyramid) in the seat crease/bite.

Make sure recline kickstand/foot of Scenera is tucked up.

Place Scenera onto vehicle seat, pool noodles in place.

Feed seatbelt through rf beltpath, and buckle.

Stand overtop of the Scenera, bum in the air, and use your tummy to push the top of the Scenera in and down onto the vehicle seat. You can adjust the angle of installation by simply pushing down with your tummy, or up a bit, but let your tummy/body be your 3rd hand in the process.

Grab shoulder portion of the seatbelt and start tightening. Do not manually lock your seatbelt -- the locking clip will be what holds the seat tight, and prevent it from tilting/tipping.

Once you've got the seatbelt nice and tight, pinch the shoulder and lap portion of the seatbelt together and unbuckle the seatbelt.

Add locking clip to seatbelt... no more than 1" from the latchplate.

Re-buckle seatbelt, using your body/tummy as a leverage tool.

Assess install. Check for movement along the rf beltpath. You want less than 1" of side to side movement.

Feel free to try the process over to see if you can get it tighter. Often with a locking clip, it takes more than one try to get things just right.

FWIW, the same directions apply to the Avenue.

Where are you located?

rachandsoph

I'm in Slave Lake. We installed one of the MA's rf temporarily. DH and I had to fight with the seat(this seat normally installs smooth-as-butter in the middle row, and I always install on my own)
I will battle with the Scenera again on the weekend when I plan on pulling everything out to clean them up.....did you know, there seems to be more leg room rf in the Scenera than the MA? Does that make sense?

Thank you for the play by play description...I will try to print it out(or write it down) so that it is in the car with me.:thumbsup:

I want a van *sigh*.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC