Help!! Talk me down :)

hboo22

I have found a Britax Regent on sale online for $165!! I originally wanted this seat for Laila but it was too expensive....this ones a sahara cover, how hard is it to find the girly (madison?) cover to replace it?!? Dh will KILL me, since I got her a True Fit, then decided she needed a Nautilus (so little sis could use her TF in dad's truck..), then gave in and got her a Vivo for dad's truck (I like it but she's kinda little for a booster). And he had her in his old work truck today in her old Cosco high back harnessed booster, which she has outgrown the harness (I found out he's been putting her in it). I took the harness out, since she would be safer in the booster and holy cow :eek: talk about bad lap belt position!! I could use the Regent in my car, move the Nautilus to dad's truck, and keep the Vivo for spare/later use right?? Agh, I wish they would just sell out, eliminating the possibility.........why do I go online seat shopping when I don't need a seat!?!?!

ADS

BigDaddy

I bought one today for $121.49, and should be getting 6% cash back, too. :D That deal has passed, but you can still get one for $133.65 or less. See this thread:
http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=101232

Honestly, I'm not going to talk you down. If you have a place to put it, and it would make your child safer, I say go for it... especially since the price is so good.

mum2two

I've been watching for a Madison cover, they are getting hard to find, and pricey, but that being said I love our Regents!!!

sholoulou

Buy it! I looked for a madison cover on craigslist. I had offers from 4 people in different states who said they would also ship it. I bought one from Texas ;) for 45.00 shipping included! I paid via paypal. It is in excellent like new condition. Waaayyyy cheaper than Ebay!!!

BigDaddy

LOL, coming here to ask someone to talk you out of buying a car seat is like asking Tommy Chong to talk you out of smoking weed.

Raegansmom4

:ROTFLMAO:
LOL, coming here to ask someone to talk you out of buying a car seat is like asking Tommy Chong to talk you out of smoking weed.

Yeah, I am trying to talk myself out of a Regent. Yeah, it's not going so well. I get paid tomorrow...

BigDaddy

:ROTFLMAO:

Yeah, I am trying to talk myself out of a Regent. Yeah, it's not going so well. I get paid tomorrow...

Go for it. Mine will be here today, and my Complete Air got here yesterday... it's car seat week at my house. :D :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Raegansmom4

Pretty much waiting to order until after 4 PM today so it won't hit my account until tomorrow when my paycheck's there...

hboo22

I'm thinking the $120 my husband just spent on hunting boots (without even asking me) constitues getting it, what do you think?? ;)

Raegansmom4

I'm thinking the $120 my husband just spent on hunting boots (without even asking me) constitues getting it, what do you think?? ;)

Um, yeah. Just like my husband spent God only knows how much on his '72 Plymouth Cuda this summer?? He usually never tells me "no" b/c he's the spender/shopper in our household.

hboo22

Um, yeah. Just like my husband spent God only knows how much on his '72 Plymouth Cuda this summer?? He usually never tells me "no" b/c he's the spender/shopper in our household.

Yeah, and mine bought a sport mod race car and raced all summer-let me tell you that's not cheap (but it did make him appreciate a 5 pt harness)!

jujumum

Ok, look at it this way.....

Do you have any idea how good the Monet would look next to a Madison Regent? They were made to go together. It would be girly seat heaven.:love:

hboo22

Ok, look at it this way.....

Do you have any idea how good the Monet would look next to a Madison Regent? They were made to go together. It would be girly seat heaven.:love:

Oh, believe me, that's the whole reason for wanting one :love: But I'm a little worried that finding a Madison cover will be really hard and/or expensive :thumbsdown: And Laila told me that that seat is ugly, but she liked the Madison seat I found on ebay (don't worry, I won't buy it, just looking for the cover). Dang it!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC