Interesting day for me (some carseat related, some not)

Shaunam

So I had some errands to run today and when I went to leave, one of my tires was flat. Bleh. And my spare is flat too. So I call my dad and ask to borrow his car. Sure, he says, but he's already taken his meds, so he can't come pick me up. No problem, I can walk. But then I realize the scenera is in the house and not in dad's car. How am I going to push a stroller and carry a car seat? For a split second, I swear I almost said, "oh it's only half a mile, it'll be ok, " but then common sense jumped in and I realized I had to just lug the scenera along somehow. So I strapped it to the stroller by bringing the latch clips around the back and hooking them together. I also tethered it. :p And then strapped DS in the stroller/carseat and away we went. I'm sure people were wondering what the heck I was doing. LOL So I get to my dad's, get the seat in the car (which is a pain in the butt in his car for some reason) and we made it to the post office right before they closed. Yay! So in case anyone even needs to know, a scenera fits in a graco stroller.

So then we go to Wal-mart and they have the Uptown! Another yay! It IS very nice. About like the scenera, same strap heights it looks like. The only main differences I saw was the harness adjuster was awfully low, which may be a problem when it's rear-facing. Maybe. And it's very narrow at the shoulders. I put DS in it and I literally had to wedge him in there. Of course, he's broad shouldered, and at the limits of the seat, so I doubt it be a problem for most kids. It looks like it would be great for a newborn. Much cushier, and it's not as open as the scenera, so it looks like it would cradle a newborn better. Plus it has the head roll thingy.

Third thing....check out my siggie!!!

ADS

scatterbunny

Ooohhh, congrats Shauna! :D

I'm so jealous--Kelly's baby Xander's pics were giving me baby fever earlier, and now this! :rolleyes: :p

Kellyr2

Congrats!!! Oh, I can't believe it's been right at a year since I found out xander was on the way. in fact, i need to look back and see - today might be 1 yr exactly.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Wow!!!

I'm glad everything worked out for you, but I'm sorry you had to deal with the flat tire! :)

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Congrats and have fun carseat shopping, which is synonymous with nesting for me. :D

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
First of all, congrats! That's so exciting...

Second of all, I got a kick trying to picture your stroller/carseat combination, especially with the tether!

Maria

Shaunam

Thanks guys. :D I was supposed to wait until the 14th to test, but I just couldn't wait. LOL And I was awfully surprised at how fast and dark the line came up for testing 3 days early and not even the first pee of the day. :eek: I'm hoping there's only one baby in there!

I already started my registry at target.com and the first things I put on there was the safeseat and a michigan britax marathon. Fun day for car seats, indeed. :p I doubt anyone would buy the marathon for us, but I can dream right?

SPJ&E

Congratulations! I glanced at your signature and thought..."Did she forget to change the pictures or something...it's the same...OOOOH, wait, that wasn't there!"

chelle80

Congratulations! I glanced at your signature and thought..."Did she forget to change the pictures or something...it's the same...OOOOH, wait, that wasn't there!"

I was kinda the same, except i had to read a few replies before i realized:eek:
And CONGRATS from me too!!!!!

Congratulations! Here's to a healthy, comfortable pregnancy!

Sounds like you did a great job making it through a very frustrating day yesterday!

Morganthe

Thanks guys. :D I was supposed to wait until the 14th to test, but I just couldn't wait. LOL And I was awfully surprised at how fast and dark the line came up for testing 3 days early and not even the first pee of the day. :eek: I'm hoping there's only one baby in there!

Congratulations!! :D

I tested on an odd whim only 2 weeks after I conceived (I know that now) in the afternoon and the plus sign came up so fast, I was in shock. I took a second test 5 minutes later and that took more time. Tests today are excellent and are more likely to false negative than false pos for results.

Interesting info on the hormone Pregnancy tests measure. I just looked it up to see if it could indicate multiples. http://www.webmd.com/hw/being_pregnant/hw42062.asp
I'm glad I didn't know more when the dr couldn't find any physical proof of dd for 15 minutes on our first ultrasound. I had fibroids that exploded in size during the 1st trimester so she was tucked in on one side of the masses.

I'm very happy for you :)
--- LOL, now that you know so early, it's REALLY going to be a long pregnancy. Time will pass so slowly :p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC