Apex 65 Pictures

Mommy2Marcus

So...I was wondering if anyone had a smaller child that they could put in an Apex for me & snap a couple of pictures. I am going to call around to Big Lot's tomorrow to see if any of them have any $80 Apex's left. If there is one close enough to me that has one, then I will more than likely go get one next week. However I would like to see what smaller kids look like in them.

Marcus is aout 30-32lbs fully dressed with shoes on & has a 14 inch torso. He is a skinny little guy for sure. I want a safe seat for him, but also want to make sure that he will fit okay. So would anyone be willing to take a picture of their little ones in the Apex for me?? Please!!!!

Note: This is for my MIL's car which he rarely rides in. I need a lighter weight, baseless seat for her car.

ADS

MySillyKids

How tall is he? The apex' have a 34 inch requirement to use them.

I have an apex sitting outside, that i could take pics of my DD in for you, but uh, she wouldn't ever ride in it.

Mommy2Marcus

He is between 37-38 inches tall. He is tall enough to meet the requirements, so I am not worried about that. I was just wondering how it might fit him.

BabyKaykes

Old pics of DS: Stats at the time: 29.5mths old, 30lb fully clothed, a hair over 35" tall with a 12.5" torso.

The Apex at BRU. Not sure what was wrong with it, but the harness wouldn't tighten
3-28-08009.jpg

The second to top slots (where the harness is) were 1" over his shoulder with the toddler insert still inside.
3-28-08010.jpg

again at 18mths, 22lb - just because I miss my tiny baby!
Apex01.jpg

featherhead

This is my nephew. He was just over 3, probably 30-33 lbs. He still fit in the Scenera with a bit of room. He has a big head, but otherwise he's on the smaller side. Here he is about an inch or two below the second to top slots.
IMG_2219.jpg

Mommy2Marcus

Thanks BabyKaykes & Fetherhead for the pictures. I appreciate them. It looks like a big seat....I need to see one in person.

I would still LOVE to see your kids in one MSK! I appreciate you taking the time to do that for me.

ginny4

hmmm. james had just made the minimum of 34in here not sure how heavy he was but all in all i thought he fit well
2008-1102.jpg

a more recent shot but from the side. he is tallish of about 40in maybe & a good 37lbs
2009-7023.jpg

Mommy2Marcus

Ginny, Thanks SO much for the pictures. How do you find the install to go for the Apex? Does it install easily? Is it hard to unbuckle? Someone said that it was hard to unbuckle, but I do not see it being any harder than any other cosco seat. Am I right? All in all how do you like the Apex? Would you reccomend it for a smaller 3 year old??

I am trying to decide between this & the Generations 65 for my MIL's car. I think she will be much happier with a lighter weight, low profile seat. I think the MA is just to much for her.

ginny4

the install is much like any other cosco seat. i don't find it to be very hard at all with either a seatbelt or latch. it is a WIDE seat of course which may interfer with install? i think with the insert it fits even thin kids well. the one we have lacks EPS foam int he headrest but i think any newer one has had them for quite sometime. be sure there are headrests in the car too cause it needs the support of the vehicle. i think you already know that but just makign sure to remind you.
i do like it just fine. its no regent! but it serves the purpose well. i don't know if the new generations would be a better pick for you. i don't remember seeing it in person. can you try marcus in both at the store?

oh just so you know. the harness is a bit high on him. he could use the next ones down for a lil while but i had it that way when both he & my DD shared it so i left it in the top. i'm just too lazy to fix it. besides i'd ratehr it a lil high than too low anyway. it's in my moms car.

Mommy2Marcus

the install is much like any other cosco seat. i don't find it to be very hard at all with either a seatbelt or latch. it is a WIDE seat of course which may interfer with install? i think with the insert it fits even thin kids well. the one we have lacks EPS foam int he headrest but i think any newer one has had them for quite sometime. be sure there are headrests in the car too cause it needs the support of the vehicle. i think you already know that but just makign sure to remind you.
i do like it just fine. its no regent! but it serves the purpose well. i don't know if the new generations would be a better pick for you. i don't remember seeing it in person. can you try marcus in both at the store?

oh just so you know. the harness is a bit high on him. he could use the next ones down for a lil while but i had it that way when both he & my DD shared it so i left it in the top. i'm just too lazy to fix it. besides i'd ratehr it a lil high than too low anyway. it's in my moms car.

Yes, I know it needs support. It will have support as he goes passenger outboard in my MIL's car which he rides in rarely. She uninstalls it sometimes so I need a seat that is fairly easy to install in a small time frame as she often tells me to reinstall when I drop him off. I will play with it in my car before putting it in her car of course.

I think I am going to try to head to BRU next week & try him in both. I am also going to try taking them to my car to install to see how both do. I am slightly worried about the straps on the Generations being so close together. How horrible would it be to buy really thin strap covers for it?? I should be out closer when I go to my Grandmothers to visit next week.

Thanks SO much Ginny! I really appreciate your input on this. It helps to hear others opinions on seats before I buy them.

Mommy2Marcus

What about the Chase? It only goes to 40 pounds, but has high top slots.

I ruled it out Friday when I went to Target fot Bday party shopping. I HATED the adjuster on it. There is NO way I would trust my MIL to get him in right with the harness being the way it is. I had a hard time with it, so I know she would.

Shaunam

I ruled it out Friday when I went to Target fot Bday party shopping. I HATED the adjuster on it. There is NO way I would trust my MIL to get him in right with the harness being the way it is. I had a hard time with it, so I know she would.

Good call on that one. I had to explain (and show) my MIL a gazillion times how it worked and she never did figure it out. :thumbsdown: The generations 65 is a pretty easy adjuster. It has a push button release and you turn the knob to tighten. Easier than the EFTA.

Mommy2Marcus

Good call on that one. I had to explain (and show) my MIL a gazillion times how it worked and she never did figure it out. :thumbsdown: The generations 65 is a pretty easy adjuster. It has a push button release and you turn the knob to tighten. Easier than the EFTA.

Thanks! I played with it for a few minutes & NEVER did even get the harness properly tightened. Took him out, put it right back on the shelf & said NEVER EVER EVER would I trust her with that seat! I just kept thinking that if it was that hard for me, what would she think of it.

Ohhhh....The adjuster is easier then the EFTA?? How is that? I :love: :love: :love: :love: the adjuster on my EFTA! So if this is easier I am sure I would love it even more.

However the straps being SO close together are what is swaying me from it. That would drive Marcus CRAZY as well as my MIL. Would it be awful of me to buy some extremely thin harness covers for it?? I am talking like really thin & really short. Or would that be a total no no.

ETA: WHY OH WHY does this have to be SO hard. WHY OH WHY does my MIL have to want to put my child in a booster in the 1st place. Where in the world is the perfect seat? LMAO! I have been agonizing over this for DAYS now & I am NO closer to a decision than I was to start with. Also my DH is going to strangle me b/c I promised when I bought the MR that I would NOT buy anymore seats. Now I am. However this is a special case.

Mommy2Marcus

One other thought. How tall are the top slots on the Avenue & how does it install FF? Marcus is a little over 30lbs fully dressed (I will know better tomorrow after his 3 year WC) with a 14 inch torso. Would he have anytime left in this seat?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC