Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Thread: Chaperone?

Chaperone?

DS is 15 months, riding RF in a MA and a Diplomat. We recently found out that we are pregnant DH wants to get a Cow Chaperone so that the seats match. We didn't have an infant bucket with DS. He was adopted, we got a call to come get him and borrowed a bucket seat from a friend until he was tall enough for his convertibles. I would like to buy a bucket with this baby but was leaning toward a KeyFit. Space isn't an issue and the price isn't a huge deal. DH is a big Britax fan and is into his cow seats. Will I like the Chaperone? Any issues? Opinions? Things to consider when deciding between the two?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Re: Chaperone?

I just sold my KF30 and replaced it with a cowmoo Chaperone. I am really happy with it so far (only had it for a week now). I was really surprised that the material wasn't the same as the MA cowmoo cover though, it feels more like the KF cover (I had the miro). I don't know why, but that was my first thought about the seat . Also, it is a really solid seat, and that makes it very heavy. My little one is 4 months and about 13.5lbs, and it is difficult for me to carry her in it. The canopy is really nice and big especially compared to the KF. I also love the headwings, they are very soft and make her look so comfy. The install was not as easy the KF, but by no means difficult. I hope this helps.
    Kaylynn (11/03)
    Deacon (09/06)
    Ella (05/09)
    Quincey (02/13)

Re: Chaperone?

I did the opposite -- returned my Chaperone to get a KF30.

I didn't like the way the Chaperone installed in my car. There was quite a bit of overhang and I had to really work at it to get it to stay within a "safe" amount of overhang (20% or less). I also couldn't get the angle right. No matter what I did to the base, it was always more upright than 45 degrees. I didn't have that problem in my husband's car, though; it installed perfectly there. I found the carrier release (from the base) very sticky. I needed to press the release with two hands every time. No thanks! I've heard other people don't have this problem, though.