MR or TFP?

NannyMom

Sofi is outgrowing her Titan. We have an Uptown which is taller, but I really don't like that seat, it's not easy to use and she looks squished. I was planning on getting a My Ride. I really like how she looks in the seat. It's deep sides give nice SIP. I know the TFP has deep sides, but those on the MR are much closer to her and just look 'better'. Also, her head doesn't fall to the side as much in the MR as it did in the TF.

These Canadian videos got me wanting an anti-rebound or Rf tether :eek: The only seat option left for me with this feature is a TFP. The Britax seats don't offer enough legroom, and the Radian isn't liking me so much. I do believe she is safer RF center w/o a tether than RF outboard with a tether.

I haven't been able to order my Alma MR because Walmart has them out of stock :( Maybe there's a reason for this :eek: I like the way she looks in the MR more than in the TF. Should I let that override my desire for the anti-rebound?

ADS

NannyMom

I think you should play with the Radian some more.....

I am planning on giving it 1 more try. I didn't try it with the seatback reclined all the way like you did. But beyond that, I just can't do it on my own.

Sofi has 1.5-2 inches above her head, so I really want to get her in another seat.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
The mr has a shorter shell than the tf, right?

Oh, and I guess this is one time it pays to be fat...I get a better install on the radian.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
If she's like Leah, she'd outgrow the MR before she's even 35 pounds. But the TFP fit till a full 35 pounds with many inches of shell still over her head.
I'd keep playing with the RN, though :twocents::)

Spam

We :love: our tfp. A is stocky though. He doesn't have any head slump in it. If you love the MR go for it, you can always change your mind later, and buy another seat :D

NannyMom

The mr has a shorter shell than the tf, right?

Oh, and I guess this is one time it pays to be fat...I get a better install on the radian.
From your pics, I think I'm fatter than you are. :p

If she's like Leah, she'd outgrow the MR before she's even 35 pounds. But the TFP fit till a full 35 pounds with many inches of shell still over her head.
I'd keep playing with the RN, though :twocents::)

The only thing I can do differently with the RN is recline the vehicle seat all the way. It's really frustrating doing the same things over and over and getting the same results (that don't work).

She's always been a string bean.... I thought the RNSL could RF her until she's 7 ;) But she recently went through a growth spurt... 5 pounds in 6 months. It looks like some kids here her age are doing the same thing. So I really think the RN would be best, if I could just get it to install :mad: If she outgrew the MR or TFP (whichever I buy) before she's 4, I'd just put her outboard in the RN. But I'd like to exhaust my options before moving her from the center.

NannyMom

I'm really liking our MR...I don't think you'll regret it since you seem to already like it!

I had one before. And I miss it. It's the only carseat I really miss (and I've owned/ own many). It's just that rebound that gets me.....

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Did you try latch with the radian? If so, did you try routing the latch strap back through the belt path and pulling from the other side (along with everything else, of course)

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Am I the only one thinking dueling car seat installs? Thinking you need to video your technique.

NannyMom

I think my phone can only record 15 seconds at a time. And I can't find the charger for my video camera, let alone figure out how to download and share it. :(

But I'm really really hoping reclining the seat all the way will help me get it out of that hump. It's that darn hump.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
It takes you more than 15 seconds? :p

Forward of the hump, NOT towards the bight. I hate that hump too.

NannyMom

It takes you more than 15 seconds? :p

Forward of the hump, NOT towards the bight. I hate that hump too.

For the RN in this seat.... yes, more than 15 seconds :p

Yes, forward of the hump is what I mean. That's what I need to do. Maybe I'll give it a try tomorrow.

romanoma

Do you have pics of the hump? Just curious, we will be minivan shopping one day and I can't part with my radians...

I also vote for more radian playing. If that doesn't work, then myride. What about the flair, do you like that one?

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
This shows it pretty good.

2009_toyota_sienna_van_4.jpg

NannyMom

Judi's pic does show them. But I have noticed with at least my van, the hump in the center seat doesn't compress as well as the outboard seats. My Titan installs right at (or really close to) 45* in the center, but outboard it has a rolled towel and still isn't 45*. I think the lower anchors are a little further out in the center too. And the design of the outboard vs center seat, the old RN base can fit well ob but not center.

NannyMom

So the Radian won. She has lots of room above her head, and it has a 40 pound RF limit.

Then today I started thinking... She has started riding in my SIL and DB's cars sometimes. I've always just taken the Titan out and put in their car. I will not be doing that with the Radian. I gave away my Sceneras (and they'd be almost outgrown too I think). The Titan may not last much longer, so I'm not terribly comfortable with that as my back up seat. I'm trying to sell my Uptown because my parents hated it, and so do I. So, I'm left with 1 Titan sitting in my closet (well, and a couple Cargos and a Vivo and PW, but Sofi can't use any of those). So... I think I've decided on the MR. I like how it doesn't need noodles to install, and is easy to use. The TF needed some noodles in my van and I don't want to ahve to deal with that for a back up seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC