New Extended Rearfacing Video - Did someone here make it?

MomToEliEm

I noticed a new extended rearfacing video on YouTube this morning, but I don't recall seeing any mention of it on this board yet. It seemed pretty good and was wondering if anyone here knows which tech or safekids coalition worked on it. It is always great to see new videos out as the more the average parent might see, the more likely they might believe the ERF message.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_s2mE5ZVeQ"]YouTube - ERF[/ame]

ADS

Cryssy Jane

I don't know who made this but I recognize a couple of pictures from kiddos here (1:10, 1:49) . At 1:32 are broken legs common in FF? I thought this was a very well put together video, I'll share it with others!

NannyMom

I don't know who made this but I recognize a couple of pictures from kiddos here (1:10, 1:49) . At 1:32 are broken legs common in FF? I thought this was a very well put together video, I'll share it with others!

I was taught broken legs are more common FF than RF. When FF the legs are free to fly around the vehicle and hit a seat or whatever.

Mommy2Marcus

It was not someone here. It was a mom over on Cafemom that did it. She did a very good job. There are a few of us that post there & here.

lovinwaves

There are quite a few typos/mispellings. :eek:

:44 - childs (missing apostrophe)
:45 - childs (missing apostrophe)
:55 - convertable (mispelled)
1:01 - sentence doesn't make sense.
1:29 - comman (mispelled)
1:40 - chlid (mispelled)
1:42 - chlidren (mispelled)
2:41 - reccommends (mispelled)
2:41 - convertable (mispelled)
2:52 - too (I think it should be 'to')
3:01 - general public will not know what "ERF" means.

ETA: I don't claim to be a grammar freak or even begin to be good at grammar, but these things just stuck out to me, and that's saying something :eek: :p

Last edited:

kidzndogz

There are quite a few typos/mispellings. :eek:

:44 - childs (missing apostrophe)
:45 - childs (missing apostrophe)
:55 - convertable (mispelled)
1:01 - sentence doesn't make sense.
1:29 - comman (mispelled)
1:40 - chlid (mispelled)
1:42 - chlidren (mispelled)
2:41 - reccommends (mispelled)
2:41 - convertable (mispelled)
2:52 - too (I think it should be 'to')
3:01 - general public will not know what "ERF" means.

ETA: I don't claim to be a grammar freak or even begin to be good at grammar, but these things just stuck out to me, and that's saying something :eek: :p

This.

I love love love it when people make videos to make a point. But when we are making these videos to show parents, we need to do so professionally to make an impact and be taken seriously. I *so* want to share the ERF videos with others, but I haven't because I want to come across as a trusted source. Misspelled words and incomplete sentences don't do that. They come across as amateur and I don't want to be taken that way.

I'm not trying to be an ass, I make spelling errors too. All the time. I just wish people would double check it and use spell check before publishing it for hundreds of people to see and use.

Louisa

CPST Instructor
i had also noticed the typos when a mama posted on BBC.
i would be more effective if these small things didn't detract from the great message.
I am an awful speller myself, but that's why i always have someone else proof things tat mater. If she fixed those small that video could go from good to great!

scatterbunny

....when we are making these videos to show parents, we need to do so professionally to make an impact and be taken seriously. I *so* want to share the ERF videos with others, but I haven't because I want to come across as a trusted source. Misspelled words and incomplete sentences don't do that. They come across as amateur and I don't want to be taken that way.

I totally agree. :thumbsup: Most folks I know will not take the ERF message seriously when it is presented so amateurishly. :eek:

christineka

I only watched it once and didn't notice so many errors, but I saw enough that made me not want to share. It would be a great video if the errors were corrected.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor

The wording in the video is incorrect. The wording states that the most common ff'ing injury is broken legs. In fact, the number is that approximately 25% of all ff'ing injuries are leg injuries. This seemingly high number is due to the fact that children's legs fly forward in a collision and impact the vehicle seat in front of them.

The correct comparison would be that leg injuries - as a result of the direction the seat is installed, are more common in ff'ing children than rf'ing children.

Melodiya99

Do you think someone can send her the corrections? This is my favorite video yet, and I'd really like to use it, but won't as is:eek:

Anne

We've been giving her feedback on the errors and she knows about them and will be fixing them as soon as she can, though she said it will probably not be until at least next weekend. Long work hours this week.

The wording in the video is incorrect. The wording states that the most common ff'ing injury is broken legs. In fact, the number is that approximately 25% of all ff'ing injuries are leg injuries. This seemingly high number is due to the fact that children's legs fly forward in a collision and impact the vehicle seat in front of them.

I don't remember seeing anyone mention this, I'll pass it along!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC