Just got off the phone with Recaro about their new Seat

lovinwaves

I just got off the phone with Recaro. I was calling them to ask about their new CR coming out in 2007. She said it is still in production and is expected to release in May or towards the end of May 2007. It is NOT on their website for viewing yet.

Here is the low down:

5-70 pounds
35 lb. Rear-facing Limit (YES I said REAR-FACING)!!
Harnesses 70 pounds but DOES NOT turn into a BPB

There will be two versions. Both versions will have True SIP, but one will have a non-removable Headrest that is adjustable. Similar to Wings she said. It is located on the inside of the seat.

She had no expected Retail Price at the time I spoke with her.

ADS

Kellyr2

OMG!!!! Dh is gonna be mad when he gets home, because over his lunch break, I was hashing out the radian80 vs Regent vs Apex issue, but THIS? OMG I'll take it! That rocks. plain and simple.
Oh wait. did you ask about harness height? I need it to go higher than the ma. She's just 45 lbs, but only has a little under an inch left in the ma.

Splash

Yahoo!!! That's awesome! It probably won't work for us, but I am glad it's there! Although if it is completely awesome, I may have to buy it anyway. Any clue on the height?
Hmmm.... we are getting closer and closer to "the only car seat you will ever need."

skipspin

Yeah, right. More like, "Yet another car seat I will have to have!"

But, I will "need" another convertible later this year anyway. Maybe it will match my RYS??? (Marilyn had better carry it at ARS so I can go lust!)

Splash

Marilyn doesn't even have the RY Sport. She has the other two, I don't know why she doesn't have the sport.
I was thinking of the new 50 pound SafeSeat or for my dad's car this summer. This might be the one though. Oh, and 35 pounds rear facing? Yay! What about a RF tether? Did she say anything about that? Can I call now?

Kellyr2

Any predictions from you guys on what this will cost? I'm hopeful that it won't be too bad, since other than the start, the others aren't awful prices.

Splash

I would say low 300s probably.
Am I the only one who sees 70 pounds as SO much more than 65 pounds? 65 pounds just doesn't seem like a lot to me, and i know 70 is only 5 more, but still...

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Heheh, probably like 599$ lol. I just KNEW if I held out long enough, something good would come out (now, that's assuming it's good, right? lol)

:)

Splash

You really think it will be THAT much? Why? Their other seats are reasonably priced, and no way they would be able to hold market share with a $600 car seat. I originally thought $400, but then figured they wouldn't even attempt that, being almost double a Marathon.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Sounds great. I'm drooling at the description and also anticipating a big price tag.

southpawboston

good work, lovinwaves. that is very promising. i think i will have to just keep hanging on to my triumph 5 for a few more months. if the new convertible recaro is everything they told you, I'M ON IT!!!!!

and to think i was just ready to plunk down a few benjamin franklins on a britax BV or radian65.

i wonder how big it will be???

Kellyr2

Splash - yes, I think someone needs to call! We need to know about RF tether, and top harness height.

I can probably talk dh into $300 if I babble on and on for a while about all the features lol. after the van is paid off. See, I too wondered if it would be super high. Because while their other two are reasonable, when you consider the amount of time they're good, it's not a really super buy. Since the harness one only goes to 40 lbs but is $250 at Target, that's not a great deal (though i know it goes to booster later, that's a lot of money for a regular combo seat) and I just saw that the young style was $150 at Target (but is on sale for $130) which isnt a wonderful price for just a booster even though its a super good one. So I don't know... kinda makes me think that with it being convertible, they'll make it way more expensive. I hope not though. $300 would be fine. I can't wait to see pics

LuvBug

add expected price range to that, since we are wondering ;)

I figure it will be more than 300, just being that the RYS is 250

scatterbunny

Argh! Our tax refund will be here next week and now all these cool seats are coming out or will be coming out and all I want to do is spend my money on carseats! :eek:

Yes, yes I know I am a carseat addict. :eek:

I would guess it would be more than $300, also. I hope the top slots are tall enough to get a kid to 70 pounds.

I wish we were planning more kids so I could justify a convertible.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
You really think it will be THAT much? Why? Their other seats are reasonably priced, and no way they would be able to hold market share with a $600 car seat. I originally thought $400, but then figured they wouldn't even attempt that, being almost double a Marathon.

Ruh roh, forgot to put the 'sarcasm' icon after that price :D. No, I'm sure it'll be more like $300 (just guessing...)

SPJ&E

That sounds awesome! I wish I knew a price range though, so I would know whether to hold off on buying MA's in February!

Morganthe

Yay! That's great news! Now I just have to keep dd from growing anymore and outgrowing her current seat until May or so. :p I just dread the budget.

I wonder if the new Recaro will require a top tether or if it's optional. Eh, I"m not taking chances anyway. I've been communicating with Toyota today seeing if they have some retrofit program for my 1999 Camry. Nada :( It will be about $170 expense for 3 sets of tethers & labor next month.
That way, I can use her Start + the impact cushion together if she goes on a sudden growth spurt and blasts out of her harness limits. It's also possible I could use the Radian, but with dh working swingshift these days, she rides in his car often. I don't want to deal with always switching over the car seats. Not good for the seat or me :p

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yay! That's great news! Now I just have to keep dd from growing anymore and outgrowing her current seat until May or so. :p I just dread the budget.

I wonder if the new Recaro will require a top tether or if it's optional. Eh, I"m not taking chances anyway. I've been communicating with Toyota today seeing if they have some retrofit program for my 1999 Camry. Nada :( It will be about $170 expense for 3 sets of tethers & labor next month.
That way, I can use her Start + the impact cushion together if she goes on a sudden growth spurt and blasts out of her harness limits. It's also possible I could use the Radian, but with dh working swingshift these days, she rides in his car often. I don't want to deal with always switching over the car seats. Not good for the seat or me :p

Legally it can't require a top tether till 50 pounds, at least (for what it's worth...). Yeah, that 1999 Camry is a huge thorn in my side...I've seen the top tether added, it cost a fortune and involved a lot of cutting :p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC