I love tech's!

Wife&MomX3

Or at least the two who volunteered to come do a presentation at the MOPs group that just started at my church. (one if fyrfightermomma here)
I see TONS of misuse and down right dangerous usage of carseats, or lack of them everywhere, but at my church, too. So when they started the MOPs group last month, I decided that Id find a tech to come, and see if the coordinator would use her for a guest speaker. I made a post here, and Joanne was kind enuf to offer her services. And the MOPs coordinator was more than happy to have a carseat tech fill their last open spot for speakers this year. And it was on a day that worked great for the tech's, so it was totally meant to be :)
Anyway, we only had 7 women at the meeting this time, but every single one of them took down all the information shared, and is either considering turning their toddlers back RF, or at least getting their seats checked! Some even made appt's right then w/ the tech's for next week. :thumbsup:

Then, later that day, one of my friends who was there posted on her facebook status

"I learned that Sam hasn't been talking out of her butt all this time"

Another friend commented after her status:

"lol.. wow.. poor sam! but sam, you did know the right facts. thank you for trying, and succeeding in our truck case, and sharing your contacts with us. it was a great MOPs session on child car seat safety. i cried! i've always worry about keeping our children healthy but hardly looked into their safety. we will be making some changes and looking into stuff."

And another friend commented:

"Yes, thanks Sam for "hounding" us. I know it was done out of love!! :) The speakers were great and I have an appt with them next Wednesday! :)"

Yes, I am "that mom" who tells everyone carseat stuff. But now they realize that it truly is out of love & concern for their kids! :love:

I dont know if this seems like no biggie to others, but it's a huge deal for me. If speaking up when others R afraid of making ppl mad or feel uncomfortable could save one child's life, I'll continue to do it. And Im so thankful that at least a few kids I know will be safer from now on. And maybe the other moms who now have the facts will speak up, too, and get thru to the moms who, for example, ignore me and keep their tiny 14 mon old in an infant bucket that they somehow buckle into the car FF. :mad:
Anyway, if U read this far, thanx! I just had to share, and let ppl know that you can make a difference, and that ppl wont know most important carseat safety stuff unless somebody tells them. Most ppl jsut dont do their own research. Some of these moms were almost mad that they hadnt been given this info by their pedi's or the carseat manual. (tho, *I* had given some of the info to some of them in the past. It just sounds better coming from a tech I guess, lol!)

ADS

Mommy0608

This is a FANTASTIC story, thanks for sharing! I'm so happy to hear this. :)

I must add that being a tech doesn't automatically make people listen/respect/heed the advice. Many of my own friends who know better (thanks to me) still choose to ignore the facts. So glad that you were able to help some children ride more safely in their vehicles. :thumbsup:

fyrfightermomma

Awww thanks. I was soooo nervous. It was my first ever powerpoint and my first presentation in front of people and there were some glitches that made me nervous. I felt like I was rambling the entire time :eek: But I guess not cause the ladies seemed way more receptive than I imagined and we have tons of checks scheduled for next week.

It definately needs some tweaks to make it shorter and I need to get a little more confident, but all in all I think it went well. Alot of the moms kept telling us they felt bad about not doing "right" or had no clue and I just tried to keep saying over and over "Even I didn't know until someone taught me."

Thanks for inviting us!

Last edited:

Wife&MomX3

It was a bit long I guess, but I didnt mind, and they didnt seem to, either :)
I cant wait to see if any of them turn their kids back RF. And when one of them said they were gonna cut a hoel in the back of their Bundle Me it made me laugh. :p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC