Question for those of you that I helped with Radian installs and Toyota Siennas

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Just wondering. I think I got all of your Radians from 45 degrees up to 36 degrees. How are the seats doing now? Are they still more upright than they were?

ADS

christineka

I moved mine and tried to remember how you showed me to do it. I think I got it installed more upright than before, but I have to go check. I need to learn what different angles look like anyway. I'm going to bring out the protractor and check my rfing seats.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I have gotten about 36 degrees in all siennas. Mommy2env, I measured before and after.

christineka

I installed my radian in the middle row today. It was much easier to get a more upright install. I think it was about 35 degrees. I now want to know how you install in the middle row with latch. I couldn't get it tight and had to use the seatbelt.

mommy2env

It was good, but then I got MY van back (extact same one) and I couldn't install as upright. I need to try with my husband helping me. :)

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I installed my radian in the middle row today. It was much easier to get a more upright install. I think it was about 35 degrees. I now want to know how you install in the middle row with latch. I couldn't get it tight and had to use the seatbelt.

It was good, but then I got MY van back (extact same one) and I couldn't install as upright. I need to try with my husband helping me. :)

Recline seat, adjust radian foward of the bump, attach latch, assume the position! lol and tighten. Now, feed the latch strap BACK THROUGH the belt path, have someone tighten from the other side, while you are still kneeling on the front part of the car seat, then reset the recline of the vehicle seat.

NannyMom

Recline seat, adjust radian foward of the bump, attach latch, assume the position! lol and tighten. Now, feed the latch strap BACK THROUGH the belt path, have someone tighten from the other side, while you are still kneeling on the front part of the car seat, then reset the recline of the vehicle seat.

I did it almost that way, but a tad different. I tried to have DH tighten with it through the belt path, but that didn't work. My strong DH has become weaker than me after not working for 4 years :( So I was doing it all on my own.

Recline seat, adjust RN forward of the bump, attach latch, kneel on foot of RN. I kind of bounced on the radian, pulling the strap everytime I bounced down. It was difficult, and it doesn't seem like it's tightening, but it did. And I had to be careful what angle I was pulling the strap because it was wanting to twist.

Sofi finally rode in it yesterday and today. It reclined a tony bit more again yesterday, but still good :thumbsup: I even had A and J sit in it yesterday and it didn't go back up the bump :p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC