Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

CPS Fanatic

funky posting behavior

sometimes my posts post immediately, other times they wait pending approval by a mod, and other times they post immediately and then disappear later. which of these is "supposed" to happen?
    Two girls, 7 and 6. Trek Mountain, Specialized Hotrock, Soma Buena Vista, Bike Friday tandem, and multiple other bikes. Oh, and a Mazda5.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: funky posting behavior

Once you are a full access Community Member, as you are, all your posts should appear immediately on most forums (or within a few seconds at peak times). Some forums are moderated for all users, such as the Carseat Reviews forum. Posting there will take longer, depending on when a moderator approves it.

I would not think that a post should appear and then disappear for any reason unless it was deleted as spam or some kind of glitch. If you are missing a post and sure it was submitted, please let me know the thread link and general content and I will look into it.

I just approved a number of posts in the queue. Some were in the moderated Carseat Swap forum, so perhaps there was an issue where it appeared to you for a short time until the system put it into the queue.

Thank you!

CPS Fanatic

two posts made today have disappeared... after appearing immediately. one was in the stroller forum (stroller wanted thread) and another was in the coffee lounge forum (can't remember the thread).

UPDATE: the one in the stroller forum magically reappeared, but there are also two other replies in that thread that appear before mine that were not there when i first replied... suggesting that there was a "post queue backup" of some sort?
    Two girls, 7 and 6. Trek Mountain, Specialized Hotrock, Soma Buena Vista, Bike Friday tandem, and multiple other bikes. Oh, and a Mazda5.

If the forum is moderated, such as the Carseat Reviews and Carseat Swap forums, then there is a queue that will back up until a moderator or admin approve the messages. Usually, that is only up to a few hours but sometimes it takes overnight. It has been somewhat longer for the last week or so, given the large influx of new users and messages.