funky posting behavior

southpawboston

sometimes my posts post immediately, other times they wait pending approval by a mod, and other times they post immediately and then disappear later. which of these is "supposed" to happen?

ADS

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Once you are a full access Community Member, as you are, all your posts should appear immediately on most forums (or within a few seconds at peak times). Some forums are moderated for all users, such as the Carseat Reviews forum. Posting there will take longer, depending on when a moderator approves it.

I would not think that a post should appear and then disappear for any reason unless it was deleted as spam or some kind of glitch. If you are missing a post and sure it was submitted, please let me know the thread link and general content and I will look into it.

I just approved a number of posts in the queue. Some were in the moderated Carseat Swap forum, so perhaps there was an issue where it appeared to you for a short time until the system put it into the queue.

Thank you!

southpawboston

two posts made today have disappeared... after appearing immediately. one was in the stroller forum (stroller wanted thread) and another was in the coffee lounge forum (can't remember the thread).

UPDATE: the one in the stroller forum magically reappeared, but there are also two other replies in that thread that appear before mine that were not there when i first replied... suggesting that there was a "post queue backup" of some sort?

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
If the forum is moderated, such as the Carseat Reviews and Carseat Swap forums, then there is a queue that will back up until a moderator or admin approve the messages. Usually, that is only up to a few hours but sometimes it takes overnight. It has been somewhat longer for the last week or so, given the large influx of new users and messages.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC