Question Do you think we'll see more new advances in the next 12 months?

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Okay...so, we've all gotten to know the trends of carseats a bit. At least, those of us who've been doing this for a while..:p It seems to ebb and flow...a couple year back, we saw a jump in HWH options..that has continued. We saw HWH convertibles, other than britax, storm the market...we've seen higher weight infant buckets become common and popular.... We've just started to see more rigid latch options, more metal-reinforced options, ARB and Rf tether options, options for <5lb infants....

What's next? What do we think will happen this next year??

New seats are ALWAYS coming out, of course, so what is gonna happen next???
What do you think? Do you think we'll see any huge new advances inthe next year or so?
More HWH convertibles? HWH combos? Taller boosters?
Do you think we'll see higher shells or weight limits for RFing?
Do you think we'll see more ARB's or RF tethers allowed?
Do you think we'll see a rigid latch convertible? Combo?

Honestly, what do you see the market doing in the next year?
Any thoughts??

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Man, I wish I knew. I have a PWSG in the cart, about to hit checkout, and I'm not sure it's worth the money because it might be a tiny bit safer than my old PW that still fits my 10 yo...sigh...will something *even better* come out in the next couple months????

I suppose my money is on more anti-rebound devices on RF seats, though, just because I heard that rumour from ABC Kids Expo, lol.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
See Jools, this is my quandary..I think we might be at a bit of a plateau...I'm not sure we will see anything really novel or awesome for a while. So even though ds has room left in his current seat, I'm not sure waiting will do me any good....I'm thinking I should just go ahead and buy him a new seat now, and be done with it.

Pixels

I'm guessing rebound control and more options for RFing past 35 pounds. I don't think necessarily anything beyond 45 pounds, and maybe not any other 45 pound seats, but more in the 40 pound area.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
So even though ds has room left in his current seat, I'm not sure waiting will do me any good....I'm thinking I should just go ahead and buy him a new seat now, and be done with it.

If he has room left in his current seat, why buy a new one now - why not wait if he doesn't need one now?

Even if nothing groundbreaking happens in the next year or so (groundbreaking like the 40 and 45 lb. RF limits we've gotten recently), there are always new seats coming out, and many of them are awesome without being groundbreaking. I'm thinking of the Nautilus, True Fit (and True Fit Premiere), Cocorro, etc.

:twocents:

canadiangie

ERF and rebound control.

I'd say we're smack in the middle of the ERF trend, and within the next 1-2 yrs we'll see a huge jump in the number of seats that offer a ARB component.

scatterbunny

More ERF seats, definitely, and possibly/probably taller boosters with higher weight limits (to go along with the trend to accommodate bigger, heavier kids). I HOPE we see more anti-rebound and rigid LATCH.

New grandma

In light of the Canadian study, I am thinking (hoping) we may see foot props on rear facing seats to combat the downward rotation.

Shaunam

I'm also going to say more anti-rebound and 40 lbs rf'ing weight limits. I doubt there will be anything super-special with infant seats. Almost everyone has a decent selection of HWH convertibles and combos already. I don't think there's enough of a demand for taller/hw boosters yet since most laws specify 8 or 80.

I think evenflo will be the next with a higher rf'ing weight limit and *maybe* anti-rebound.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I'm hoping for ISOFIX/Rigid LATCH convertibles but not too hard-- I bet it's a while before we get that.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
If he has room left in his current seat, why buy a new one now - why not wait if he doesn't need one now?

:twocents:

The main reason is his current seat doesn't have EPS foam. (it's an old 40-lb AOE) I know there is no proven benefit or whatever, but I'd like to have it. it would also be nice to have a narrow seat (He's getting a radian is the plan, barring super-awesome new hypothetical seat release) so i could actually do 3 across in my car, which is impossible with the seats I currently have.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC