Calling on BOB Revolution Duallie Fans!

fouros

Please tell me that this stroller will be the be all - end all of strollers for me! I will have an infant and a toddler -- so I'll be using the carseat attachment, at first. I want a stroller that I can: 1) get into my car without breaking a sweat and without it falling over on a kid, 2) jog (not run or train for marathons) with, 3) take to the mall without feeling like Godzilla running over people. Is this stroller going to solve my problems?!?!? :) TIA!:D

ADS

WhatAboutPuppy

I've used the dualie with a straight front wheel and it wasn't a small stroller when closed up. the running strap allowed me to velcro the stroller shut so it didn't come open when trying to get it in and out of the back of my car. but it took some manuevering... It fit really well with all 3 wheels taken off... but you have to think about how much work you want to put into it each time.
It was an AWESOME stroller for running/jogging/walking with. I've only used (and love and own) the single revolution... it is my only stroller, but I don't know if I could make the double my only stroller for every.single.day.use. ya know?

Hopefully you'll get better responses that answer your questions better! :love:

firemomof3

I have the duallie and I like it. I won't say love it because getting into the back of my minivan is like :hitselfonhead:
It doesn't latch closed so when I lift it it comes apart and hits me on the shins...oh gets my pants all dirty :mad:
But besides that I love everything else about it, so I put up with the loading into my van issue.

rochelle

1) get into my car without breaking a sweat and without it falling over on a kid, 3) take to the mall without feeling like Godzilla running over people.

This stroller is a side by side so you might have a problem browsing clothes at Gymboree, Childrens Place, Carters at the mall. Kohls, Macys, Sears, Target are okay as they have wide aisles inside the store.

It depends on what model/make your car is for your first question.

Jennifer mom to my 7

I have the duallie and I like it. I won't say love it because getting into the back of my minivan is like :hitselfonhead:
It doesn't latch closed so when I lift it it comes apart and hits me on the shins...oh gets my pants all dirty :mad:
But besides that I love everything else about it, so I put up with the loading into my van issue.

But it does latch closed;) you wrap the tether strap, that has velcro stratigically placed on it, around the handle. Do you need pics? I could take them for you:)

TXDani

Senior Community Member
Or if you are too lazy to wrap the strap around it you lift it from the bottom so there is nothing to fall open on your shins.;)

firemomof3

I saw that strap but it always fell off :confused:
I'm probably not doing it right though...I'm so not mechanically inclined whatsoever. Pics would be great :)

Jennifer mom to my 7

Pics:D I am mechanically inclined, but I still manage to put the strap on the wrong way at first:eek:

IMG_8459_2.jpg

IMG_8460_3.jpg

IMG_8462_5.jpg

If you lock the front wheel, and connect the strap to lock, then you can actually wheel the stroller around that way:)

fouros

Wow! Thanks for all the responses and pics! So Jennifermomtomy7, approximately how wide is that fold-up. It doesn't look too bad, really. I will have to get it into a Honda Pilot (I'm trying my hardest to ensure I get all 3 of my carseats into the 2d row to ensure trunk room for the *future* duallie and groceries, etc...). If it latches closed easily (and I don't lose the strap, which I could be known to do), it might be the only thing that works for me. I love, LOVE the P&T Sport but I've heard you can't run (when the doubles kit is attached) with it so I need to find a suitable alternative

Jennifer mom to my 7

I can get true measurements in a bit. Plus, it takes up less room if you take the wheels off, and if I recall correctly, it will be even flatter. ANd the wheels are quick release, too:D

bobandgirls_1.jpg

THought you might enjoy some huge girlies in it:DMy dd, just turned 4, 43 inches 43 pounds, long torso, and her cousin, same height, 3 years 4.5 months, hopefully under 40 pounds (we won't go there) short torso.

hsjwmom

Actually, AFAIK, the main purpose of the strap is to flip the brake to lock. Like if you're running and trip, the strap (provided you have it your wrist where it's supposed to be) aswill throw the brake to the locked position, keeping the stroller and baby from continuing on without you. :p

lovinwaves

How much jogging are we talking about?

My recommendation? Purchase a Baby Jogger City MINI, or MICRO, and get an older BJ double jogger off craigslist with a front fixed wheel.

3plus2isme

I don't have experience with the dually but absolutely LOVE :love: the single. I know that doesn't help much but I thought I'd throw that out there ;) lol

jsta1005

I love the Duallie! I used it pretty much every time I went somewhere with the kids. I can get it easily into my trunk (01 Volvo S40) by taking 1 of the wheels off! It is fantastic for walks and some jogging. The only thing I didn't like when jogging was that there was so much weight from the kids if I went too fast it was slightly hard to stop. And shopping with it isn't horrible, but def not my favorite thing to do!

autumnlily

How much jogging are we talking about?

My recommendation? Purchase a Baby Jogger City MINI, or MICRO, and get an older BJ double jogger off craigslist with a front fixed wheel.

This is what I was going to recommend.

You could purchase a used jogger to keep in your garage and a BJCMD for your around town use for the same cost of a BOB Duallie. The BJCMD is so simple to fold and stores well in our sedan or minivan. I'm 5ft 2in and can easily lift it up and over into our 2007 Sienna (sunken space in cargo area). Narrow enough for Gymboree too! Just went today and used my Gymbucks.

fouros

The two strollers are an option, I suppose. Like most, I'm also dealing with a husband who is not enjoying a garage full of strollers. I have a BJ performance single that a friend suggested I keep for those days when toddler is at preschool and I want to run with baby. I will be running 3-4 times a week for about 4-5 miles at a time. So, if I do that, DH will freak over two additional strollers in the garage (could keep the BJCMD in the car full-time, though). I do plan on getting rid of all of the other single strollers we have.

I definitely have some thinking to do. It's sad when a stoller is so much of an investment that you have to ponder it for weeks!! I could also try to attach a buggy board to my Kolcraft Universal car seat carrier and buy a cheaper double running stroller. I have nightmares of toddler jumping off the buggy board, though and taking off in the mall, park, etc...:eek:

Jennifer mom to my 7

Actually, AFAIK, the main purpose of the strap is to flip the brake to lock. Like if you're running and trip, the strap (provided you have it your wrist where it's supposed to be) aswill throw the brake to the locked position, keeping the stroller and baby from continuing on without you. :p

Yes, this. It goes through that red metal thing on the brake. All true running strollers (say if you are marathon training or something) should be fixed wheel, have a hand brake (to limit that runaway feeling when going down hill;)) and have a runaway strap (in case you fall or something).

The bob revolution got around the handbrake issue by attaching the runaway tether to the brake, quite ingenious if you ask me. I don't think they would have approved it for light running/jogging without it.

And the left hand side of the garage is full of my strollers and the kids bicycles:eek::whistle: You can barely get in there.

fouros

Woo-hoo! I happened to see a Duallie LIVE at our local LL Bean this morning. I'm definitely getting it. It was awesome. And, really, it's not that much wider than a travel system with a car seat attached. Even DS2 loved it! Now, if I can just find a sale or discount...:D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC