Just gonna talk to myself, thoughts welcome :)

ADS

disbugsmomma

Re: Just gonna talk to myself, thoughts werlcome :)

Sounds good to me, but has she ever used a booster before? If not, you may want to get it now and start booster training. :thumbsup:

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
She's six now? So she'll probably be seven when she hits 48#? Yes, I think a good high-backed booster is a perfectly appropriate choice for a child that age and size, and a well-fitting booster is better than a poorly-installed harnessed seat (as long as the child meets minimums, etc.).

MustangMama

Sounds good to me, but has she ever used a booster before? If not, you may want to get it now and start booster training. :thumbsup:

Yes she has :) She uses a Turbo in my car when we wash her Nauti but I hate it cause it tips over way too much and just doesn't fit right in the spot. She sits in a booster whenever she rides with family too :thumbsup:

She's six now? So she'll probably be seven when she hits 48#? Yes, I think a good high-backed booster is a perfectly appropriate choice for a child that age and size, and a well-fitting booster is better than a poorly-installed harnessed seat (as long as the child meets minimums, etc.).

Yes she will probably be about 45-48lbs next year at this time. I am ready to move her to a booster now actually, but I figure as long as she has room to grow in her Nautilus we might as well use it. :shrug-shoulders:

I think you have a great plan :thumbsup: And definitely the Oobr :love:
Yay!! LOL, oh and I thanked your post but I don't see my thank you?

Kaede's_Mom

I'm in amazement that you got your GN to install back there. We just sold our 2008 mustang and we could not get a GN to install at all! Using LATCH too, I'm not sure if maybe our back seat had more bowing of the seat back or what, I could get it installed my friends '07 with no problem. So kuddos to you for getting it in there :)

MustangMama

I'm in amazement that you got your GN to install back there. We just sold our 2008 mustang and we could not get a GN to install at all! Using LATCH too, I'm not sure if maybe our back seat had more bowing of the seat back or what, I could get it installed my friends '07 with no problem. So kuddos to you for getting it in there :)

Really? You should have called me!! LOL

It's a bit**, not gonna lie. I DREAAAAAD taking her seat out because it takes me literally 15-20 minutes to get it back in right.

I have to install with LATCH, jump in her seat and push my body against the ceiling of the car while putting force into her seat. I have to take the side of the cover off so I can pull the LATCH straight though as hard as I can. I have to do this 3 or 4 times to get it where I want it to be.

Sometimes I think I am gonna break the LATCH anchors :p

Oh, and the Mustang I have is the same as yours. The model was built from 2005 to 2009, and I think they may still be using the interior, but I know for sure the exterior changed on the 2010 Mustangs. Did you ever get an acceptable seat belt install with your GN? Or did you not get any acceptable install at all?

Kaede's_Mom

DH never could get it tight enough. We had leather and it was a converdable, but we could get a rock solid install on cloth seats (friends 2007).

DD was in her beloved MA in there and it installed rock solid. MIL now has the car and we left the MA in there and took her GN. I'm hoping our new frontier will fit (saw that someone had one in the same body on here) so we can get one of those in the mustang since DD is on the top slots of the MA now. I find that the Britax seats install like a deam in all our spots cars we have owned or curently own. I wasn't a fan of the GN anyway since it causes DD's legs to fall sleep and she has bad head slump even when all the way reclined.

northernmommy

I might steer away from the rigid LATCH boosters until we know a bit more about the recent testing results released up here (Canada) :twocents:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC