They are still out there!

classicseats

Just picked up this one. 1986 Evenflo Kantwet One Step. More brown vinyl and chrome. When you kids complain about their seat, show them this one!

ADS

monzogary

Senior Community Member
I had this seat for my oldest in 1992! I even gave it a fake sheepskin cover, after I had bought it at a garage sale :eek:. Oh the horrors...

TerisBoys

Josh's One-Step had a yellow gingham aftermarket slipcover. Otherwise, that looks like it! His was a 1989 though.

TerisBoys

His wasn't even that fancy :)

Just a single layer of yellow gingham with elastic around the edge to keep it on and presumably to keep the kidlet from leaving skin on the seat. No added padding or anything.

The things we do when we don't know better!

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
I saw one of those in use about two years ago. I was so horrified. The child was about five, the back of the carseat came up to about the bottom of his neck, and it was seat-belted in the car with just the overhead shield pulled down in front of him (no harness!)

The oddest part (to me) was that I watched the dad pick him up from the most expensive, exclusive private school in town, driving a very well-maintained older BMW. I almost wonder if he didn't use that seat because it "matched" his car? :confused:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC