WANTED: double stroller

becca011906

Senior Community Member
what do ya got... may as well try it here before buying new for something i won't use that often!!! I really think i want something that is stadium seating and light weight... maybe some one is willing to Loan me one... but shipping to and from would most likely be as much as bying on new... :(

THanks!

ADS

LuvBug

I dont have anything currently, but have you checked the thrift shops for something?
There is one right next to my work that has 2 that look like they are lightweight, not very pretty though...

Wineaux

Have you checked your local Craigslist? In Baton Rouge, LA someone has a Maclaren Twin Traveller Double Umbrella Stroller w/Accessories for $170. I have no clue as to how good a deal that is, but I regularly see double strollers pop up. I took a look at the Indianapolis Craigslist and there are a couple of double strollers there right now. Good luck!

Wineaux

Try craigslist as well. I see a couple of them in Indianapolis. I know they pop up quite regularly on craigslist here in Baton Rouge.

southpawboston

we've got a graco duoglider which we'd like to get rid of. it's a great design except it's just too heavy for us (29 lbs) and we have to carry it up two flights, daily. but as you said, it would just cost too much to ship to you... for something heavy like a stroller you're best off checking out your local craigslist.

mominabigtruck

Just to be of a little help, I've shipped a double stroller before and it is a lot cheaper if you take the wheels and the trays off and tuck them inside the stroller. It makes it alot more compact that way.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I have an older Peg Perego Tender Twin that's just sitting in dh's trunk taking up space. I can check into shipping via DHL (they are by far the cheapest) if you are interested. I'd take $50 + shipping for it.
Double_Stroller004.jpg

becca011906

Senior Community Member
Thanks everyone, i've checked craigs list the ones on indy are awful heavy modles like the jeep doulbe we took last year, it was HUGE and heavy... i could buy a safety first doulbe for just under $100 so i might be doing that if i don't find anything on craigs list soon...

I'll keep the pre prego in mind though... how much weight does it hold? And does it have cup holders for either child or any for adults???

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I'll keep the pre prego in mind though... how much weight does it hold? And does it have cup holders for either child or any for adults???

I don't have the manual, so I'm not sure...but I'd guess 40lbs per seat. That's what my triplette is rated to, which is also a Peg. But no, no cupholders for anyone. You could easily add one for an adult though with a clip on type drink holder.

becca011906

Senior Community Member
how much does the stroller weight??? And how easy does it fold up? we would need to carry it on and off of busses, trams, monirail, ect, also how much space does it take up when folded? We are kinda at a space limit issue since we are taking our intrepid instead of the land rover... !!! Thanks again!

southpawboston

from your description of your needs, i would say that any tandem stroller is not ideal for you. we have the same dilemna with stairs, busses, and subways. it sounds like what you really need is a lightweight umbrella-based side-by-side double, like a maclaren or chicco. maclaren makes one (rally twin) that weighs only 22 lbs (compared with our 29 lb graco duoglider tandem), and folds up very compact and includes a carry handle and strap. but then, the maclaren is very expensive...

becca011906

Senior Community Member
ok we have a kolcraft side by side and HATE it, it's hard to push, it's got NO storage, and it's 32 inches wide and doesn't fit through some door ways or some place at the mall, ect... are these not as wide? if they are less wide the the kids actully have room in them to be comfortalbe? mine is pretty compact but any less and i don't see how the kids would have room to sit or be comfy... ?

strollerfreak

Senior Community Member
If you are near a Target, check and see if they have any of the Safety 1st Transit Tandem's...not my first choice by any means, but it sounds like it would be a good compromise for your situation. They were on clearance at my local Target last week for $96...I know they've done more markdown's since then as well.

becca011906

Senior Community Member
I just found that exact stroller tonight when i was on a quest for the saftey 1st uptown car seat... no such luck on the car seat at walmart so i went to check target and they had a temp. price cut on the stroller from 140 down to 97 then marked again down to 85 i was SO excited, when i got it home and out one of the handels were cracked the foam peice but i put some clear tape and i think it will work well... :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC