Question Graco Comfortsport

Hello Im new to the board but i had a question i hope someone can help me with. My daughter is in a Graco Comfortsport and i was just wondering what the height limit is on the seat. She is 25 lbs and 32 inches tall.. in the 90th percentile for both height and weight. She is almost 19 months old. I have been reading alot of posts about this seat on how kids outgrow them fast.. and was curious if i need to be looking for a new seat?

Thank you
angela

ADS

NannyMom

Is she rear facing, or forward facing? Rear facing, the seat is outgrown when she has less than 1 inch of seat shell above her head. Forward facing, it's outgrown when her shoulders are higher than the top slots on the carseat or when the tops of her ears are above the top of the seat.

sunnymw

...and to answer your other question, if you plan on using it for extended rear-facing, you'll probably need to start looking around at seats soon... and if you're planning on extended harnessing, you'll DEFINITELY need another seat down the road :D

I have a comfortsport (crashed) and my 2.5yo that was 3rd percentile still barely fit RFing, but my 14mo (80th percentile?) doesn't fit anymore.

The primary problem with the ComfortSport is the harness slots. There's only 3, and if you rear face, you can only use the bottom two. Kids outgrow that 2nd slot pretty quickly (DS outgrew the 2nd slot by about 18 months or so, and he's only in the 30th percentile or so for everything). That 3rd and last slot isn't all that tall either.

Thank You for the replies. She is forward facing and on the highest notch for the straps. My son has the Graco Natilus and i love it i was thinking of getting that for her as well. I think we might just need to get it sooner than later.

thank you
angela

Evolily

Thank You for the replies. She is forward facing and on the highest notch for the straps. My son has the Graco Natilus and i love it i was thinking of getting that for her as well. I think we might just need to get it sooner than later.

thank you
angela

at your daughters age she would be 500% safer rear facing (I would not consider forward facing for a child under 2 who fit in a seat on the market- 1 and 20 is a bare minimum). If you like Graco, they have another seat called the Graco My Ride ($150) that has cup holders and is very similar to the nautilus. It will keep her rear facing for a couple years :thumbsup: .

armywife12

She seems kind of small for 19 months old. At her age and size, rear facing is much safer for her. She can stay rear facing for quite some time in many convertible car seats. My son was her size when he was 12 months old and he is now 25 months old, 34ish lbs and 37.5 inches tall rear facing in a MyRide and about to outgrow the True Fit rear facing because of the weight limit. She would easily make it rear facint to 3 yrs old in most convertible car seats. Like pps have mentioned, the ComfortSport has the shortest shell on the market and has low top harness slots so most children outgrow the seat by 2-3 yrs old. My son has already outgrown the seat. While the Nautilus is an excellent seat, it isn't appropriate for toddlers who are still able to rear face. Instead of the Nautilus, I recommend looking into a MyRide, True Fit, or Triumph Advance. They last most children until they are at least 5.5-6 yrs old forward facing so it's a great investment.

cookie123

I just wanted to let you know that the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends rear facing to at least age two, preferably to the limit of the seat, which is usually 30, 33 or 35 lbs. The one year and 20 lbs thing is a bare minimum, which is what most states mandate, but don't tell you it's not the safest practice!

abacus2

The MyRide would be a great choice. It has many similar features to the Nautilus. armywife12 has one pictured in her siggy.

Shaunam

Another recommendation for the my ride here. My DD in my siggy is in one and she's 2 and a little taller than your DD. LOADS of growing room. :thumbsup:

kaysmom

Hi there!! We have daughters that are almost identical in age and size:D She also has a ComfortSport that Grandma bought her. She hasnt outgrown it rear facing as of yet, but I know that day is coming soon!!

We also have a First Years True Fit for her that we :love:! She has tons of growing room in it rear facing, lots of shell above her head and ten pounds to go before it's outgrown. Also it has a nice deep shell so she is comfy sleeping in it, and you can install it as upright as 35 degrees so she can still see out the window even rear facing. It just all around seems to be a comfy seat for DD compared to the CS. You can usually find one on sale for between $160-175.00 or so.

Just wanted to throw that suggestion out there too, you know from one ComfortSport mom to another;) Hope you can find a seat that will last you a long time and that you love, too!

Mommy2Marcus

I deffinatly agree with everyone else here that your DD would be MUCh safer if she were RF than she is FF. My son just turned 3 today & rides RF in my car which is the car he rides in the most. Also here is a video showing WHY to keep her RF versus leaving her FF.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvyIv9QVRBE"]YouTube - Rear facing is safer[/ame]

Also if you look below in my signature picture you can see my son RF in his My Ride 65 at 2 years & 11 months. I aboslutly LOVE my My Ride. It is awsome.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC