How much should I sell my car seats...

L

LuciaBella

I have...
EFTA advance premier with the premium LATCH connectors in grey. Used for 2nd car=barely used. DOM Nov'07 bought for 150

Britax Marathon in grey, still looks new, great condition! Also for 2nd car. DOM '06 bought for over 200

Recaro Signo in Midnight Desert- DOM FEB 09 not recalled, I just got my new XT to fit 3 across! bought for 270

How much should I sell all of these?? I want to sell them to either friends or craigslist.

ADS

cpsaddict

The standard is 6yrs divided by the amount you paid, so $150/6=$100 for the EFTA, $~200/6=$33.33 - ~3yrs=$~100 for the MA, $270/6(or is it 7 for Recaro?)=$45-~1year=$225. With the Signo though, it can be found for $150 new on Albee, unless yours is the G2.

armywife12

I just recently sold my Cowmoo Marathon with a DOM of 01/08 for $140 and sold my 09/07 Como for $120. Since the Comos and Signos can now be found for $150 online, it made it really hard for me to sell it and I was happy to get over $100 for it. I wasted a lot of money on that seat!
EFTA- $100
Marathon- $100-$150 depending on how much the seat was paid for exactly or what they were going for at that time
Signo-$225 all like the pp stated (signos and comos are good for 6 yrs)

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
The standard is 6yrs divided by the amount you paid, so $150/6=$100 for the EFTA, $~200/6=$33.33 - ~3yrs=$~100 for the MA, $270/6(or is it 7 for Recaro?)=$45-~1year=$225. With the Signo though, it can be found for $150 new on Albee, unless yours is the G2.
And I would have thought it was the (price you can get it for NOW / # of years seat is usable for) * # of years left on the seat? As a person buying, I seriously don't give a darn what someone paid a few years ago, I care what I can get one for NOW. And based on now, I'd expect a price less than now since the seat doesn't have a full lifespan left.

L

LuciaBella

And I would have thought it was the (price you can get it for NOW / # of years seat is usable for) * # of years left on the seat? As a person buying, I seriously don't give a darn what someone paid a few years ago, I care what I can get one for NOW. And based on now, I'd expect a price less than now since the seat doesn't have a full lifespan left.

Isn't the number of years the seat is usable for the same about as the number of years left on the seat?
So...what exactly is the equation!?

courtfrog2

I agree... I always look to see how much the seat is worth NOW...

Heck, I can't remember what I pay for most of my seats :eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC