Recaro Vivo fold?

mburks26

Does it fold or just come apart? I have seen many things saying it folds but if so how in the world? I know it can be taken apart but it was hard enough to get it together dont want to know how to undo it. lol

ADS

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I don't remember it coming apart either.

ETA: I'm wrong, I downloaded the manual. It does come apart, but it cannot be used backless.

mburks26

ETA: I'm wrong, I downloaded the manual. It does come apart, but it cannot be used backless.[/QUOTE]

wish we could use it backless so far its the only one i have found to fit 2 of my bucket seat cars

mburks26

This might fit... http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10992661
She's way too young for a backless, if you can put it off longer, that'd be way better.

yea I know she will be in the GN til she out grows it then the Vivo full time. Im hoping by the time she outgrows the Vivo hubby will had decided the Honda isnt worth keeping and it will be gone. As soon as my grandparents can no longer drive I get the 2000 TransAm another awful bucket seat car. Maybe by the time I get it she can use the belt with out anything.

Dont know it can not be wider then 13 inches at the bottom. The vivo kinda has rails that helps fit these seats better hard to explain. Too bad The first years Compass high backs cant turn into no backs they have the rails too.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
What all have you tried?

Sometimes a curvy seat, even a very wide one, will work great in very scooped out vehicle seats. The easiest install I have ever done in ex-MIL's Camero was the Frontier (sbp). It took literally about 15 seconds. The Start and the Evenflo Confidenceworks really good in the Camero too.

mburks26

I have tried the follwing in the civic as the transam is not here with me, i have found what ever fits in the civic fits the same in the transam

GN backless part it fits in the bucket seat buts its sits on the buckle The bottom is not flat on the GN. Im think that this may work in the TransAm I dont recall how it sat in the seat when I tried to install as in the harness mode. It had to much move front to back movement. I think though it did sit on the raised sides also, but when I installed and tighted then belt it compressed the leather seats.
Turbo and Evenflo Big Kid the one with lights are too wide fits half on the raised side of the seat and then in the seat so its not flat and makes the belt not fit right.

Im not going to worry about it too much she has at least 4 years to go before the Vivo expires anyway and at least 3 years before I will allow backless use in anuts jeep commander if all the kids are with thats very rare.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC