Has anyone received a Radian 80 SL or XT SL yet?

ADS

MANDY1234

They are releaseing by covers and the first are expected to be released Oct 8. There is a shipping list at hipmonkey.com

If someone has recieved there Radian Sl...you wouldn't have to ask there would already be a thread about it lol

LP Mom

Sunshine Kids already has them in stock. I saw the hipmonkey list but I suspect that list only applies to them.

myliljunebugs

according to the response I got from SK, they don't have the ability to show items as backordered so even though they say in stock they actually aren't.

coleslawcat

I was just at Buy Buy Baby this evening and they had them on the floor. I was there last week and they didn't have them yet. I don't know if it means they have them in stock or just as display models. They only had them in the grey mesh pattern (not sure what it's called).

jenidot

I would love to know this too...it is interesting that some stores have them in stock!! I cannot wait to get my XTSL, but I am trying to wait on Bentley so I may be waiting a while! :eek:

aisraeltax

i am wondering the same. i cant wait to get ours but i bought it from a store online and cant even remember the one. lol

LP Mom

according to the response I got from SK, they don't have the ability to show items as backordered so even though they say in stock they actually aren't.
That is so weird. I called their sales number and they said they had nitro and eclipse in stock, but not the others. They seem very disorganized with this whole roll-out!

emandbri

I called the local store that sells sunshine kids seats, cotton babies, and the women said the owner hasn't decided if they are going to carry them or not. I hope she didn't think I was too rude when I said "but you have to carry them!"
They do have limited space, they might clear out the old ones first.

I also couldn't resist and joined babycenter and the mom says she did get the seat in.

Last edited:

LP Mom

Got my 80 SL last night from hipmonkey, but it arrived so late (around 9:30 pm) that I could not open the box and play with it. :(

sunnydayz

I bought a XTSL (Eclipse cover) today from my local Buy Buy Baby (they had the entire SL line in stock). I took it home and was so excited to play. I went to move the harness from the 4th slots to the third and found the third cover slot on the right side was still sewn completely shut. :mad: It wasn't just a matter of pulling a loose string, there was no way of getting it open without doing some serious damage to the cover.

I returned it tonight and got their last XTSL and will resume more playing tomorrow. :D

LP Mom

I bought a XTSL (Eclipse cover) today from my local Buy Buy Baby (they had the entire SL line in stock). I took it home and was so excited to play. I went to move the harness from the 4th slots to the third and found the third cover slot on the right side was still sewn completely shut. :mad: It wasn't just a matter of pulling a loose string, there was no way of getting it open without doing some serious damage to the cover.

I returned it tonight and got their last XTSL and will resume more playing tomorrow. :D
Let me know how you like it. I don't like the 80 SL we got so I am returning it. We do have an XT SL on order with babycatalog. How much was the XT SL at BBB?

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador

Aren't the slots sewn like button holes? So, they are stitched, and then the slit actually has to be cut? Universal stroller footmuffs often come with the slits not open yet so you can cut open only the slits that fit your stroller and you just take scissors and cut through, between the stitching.

Glad they had a new one for you though!

sunnydayz

I used a 20% off Bed Bath and Beyond coupon at Buy Buy Baby and paid $255 including taxes (more than many online stores but we wanted the seat for a trip next week).

We've only had Britax convertibles in the past, but I'm pretty impressed so far. It's definitely a more solid seat than any we've had in the past with the steel reinforcement. I may be back for help, though, after I try to wrestle it into my Sienna. ;)

sunnydayz

Aren't the slots sewn like button holes? So, they are stitched, and then the slit actually has to be cut? Universal stroller footmuffs often come with the slits not open yet so you can cut open only the slits that fit your stroller and you just take scissors and cut through, between the stitching.

Glad they had a new one for you though!

That's the weird part. They appeared to be stitched than slit (all the other holes were completely normal). There was this one rogue hole, though, that was super-stitched shut. I even tried an exacto knife to see if I could slit it open, but the thick edge stitching went all the way past the slits and wouldn't cut open neatly. After a couple moments with the exacto knife I realized the cover would never make it through surgery in one piece and was lucky they had one to exchange with.

ForeverSkye

I am so excited to see what it looks like once you have it installed!

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC