HELP! My 3 year old keeps undoing her chest clip!

drlynne

I have the radian XT for her and she just keeps undoing the chest clip! :eek:It's so easy for her to unbuckle it. Our main suv I have a marathon for her, she doesn't unbuckle that one. I keep telling her NOT to with threats but still she is so sneaky!:mad: What should I do????
Did I read somewhere that I could switch out the chest clips with a britax one? I thought I heard that was okay someone around here. Suggestions?

ADS

firemomof3

I have the same issue with my 2y/o and it drives me crazy! SK does not allow you to use the Britax clip (they used to but not anymore). You can put velcro on the clip to make it uncomfortable for her to touch. But with her being 3y/o I think that just being strict and consistent will eventually work...tough love momma ;)

Madeline410

Is she just 3 or closer to 4? I'm trying to think if a trip to the police station would work. You could have an officer tell her how important it is to stay buckled in :)

a_js

My ds used to do that! No advice really, it is just so frustrating. The thrill wore off after a while.

Mommy0608

Is she just 3 or closer to 4? I'm trying to think if a trip to the police station would work. You could have an officer tell her how important it is to stay buckled in :)

Yes, this, if you think it won't scare her too much. ;) My DD listens much better when other adults tell her what to do (or not to do).

itzmeigh

Just ignore her for a while and she should stop. The chest clip is just a positioner anyway. I'm not saying it isn't important but I just don't see it as THAT important. I'd clip it when I put her in and make sire her straps are tight and then just let it be.

After a few times maybe she'll stop on her own. When the "new" wears off.

JAcob is 4 and he undoes his all the time. When I notice it undone I just say to him in a very "who cares" way... "Jacob, Please do your clippy Please." and he does and will usually leave it alone until we are done.

I just don't freak out over the chest clip. I'd be more freaked out if it were over her belly then if it is undone.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC