My new (to me) car & a LATCH lookup please

libranbutterfly

So, I couldn't get a van :( We didn't qualify for ANY loans for cars, because David's work is technically "temporary". So, we had to go the same route as always, and have family look for a cheap cheap car that would hopefully last us a year or so.

My dad found us a 1993 Buick LeSabre, with a little over 100,000 miles on it, and some minor front end damage. It had been "grandma's car" for numerous years, and then she gave it to her grandson, who had a minor wreck in it and then got a new car.

My dad is a mechanic, and has told us this car should last us 3-4 years :) since the engine and transmission are great on it, and it has been well maintained all its life. He has fixed the front end damage, and is going to give it a paint job as a birthday present to me. He was also very concerned that I needed to "get those hooks installed for the carseats" (the top tethers) and he was going to take it somewhere to make sure all the seat belts are in good working order (they seem to be, but he is having them checked) He also asked me if I thought the car seats would work in it. :love:

I am not too thrilled with having to get another older car, but at least this one seems to be working well. I have to try and match some car seats to the red interior :rolleyes: and I'll be stuck with it for a few years, but maybe by then I will be able to afford the van of my dreams.

I was wondering if anyone had part numbers or other information from the LATCH manual for me about the tethers. I know they are available for all three spots, and I know I can easily get the middle one for free, but I don't know how to get the other ones. The vehicle manual said customers in Canada can get them from their dealerships, but I am assuming now there is a way for me to get them as well. Thank you for your help :D

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
GM should install one tether anchor for free in most '89-'02 vehicles. Most of them are "tether compatible," so I assume that means there are already holes drilled. If that's the case, you could probably pay to have the other two installed, or buy a kit and do it yourself.

The LATCH Manual doesn't give part numbers because they change all the time, apparently. It says the dealership should have them. (Hopefully you'll have good luck with that. :thumbsup:)

libranbutterfly

Thanks. The kit i got for my Oldsmobile 2 years ago was easy, but it said to only use it for the center seat, and the dealership had no clue how to order the other two. That's why
i was hoping for some #'s or something. I guess I'll give it a shot though :)

Dillipop

I have anchors in all 3 positions of my Buick. Have no idea what the part numbers are, but my dealership had no problem getting them all at once. It was free for the first anchor and about $40 installed per anchor for the other 2, I think.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC