Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

I have a tall 3-year-old and a tight budget

I have a three year old who is currently 41 pounds, and 40 inches tall. Our state law is to be harnessed to age 4, and I would like to keep her harnessed even longer, if I can find the right seat. She just outgrew the seat I have, but I DO NOT want to use it as a booster yet. I really like the Graco Nautilus, but it is pretty expensive and we have no extra money for anything right now. Any ideas of a seat that can harness beyond 40 pounds, and then will transition to a belt positioning booster for under $150???

Please help!!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: I have a tall 3-year-old and a tight budget

What seat is she in now, and what car do you drive?

The Apex 65 requires support from the car behind it to the level of the child's ears, and you can buy it online for $115. http://www.diapers.com/Product/Produ...&ci_sku=CS-034

You can also check out the new Evenflo Generations 65. If her shoulders aren't too tall it may be exactly what you need and it's $99 at BRU.

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785

Re: I have a tall 3-year-old and a tight budget

Are you in the US? If so and you like the Nautilus there are several places online that you can get it for less than $150 shipped.

diapers.com has it for $149.99 with free shipping and if you use the code "10percent" you can get the seat for $134.99 shipped.
    (and if you call and ask them to price match Amazon or Walmart they should, and then you can still use the 10% off code and get the seat for $129.99)

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Graco-Nautilus-Car-Seat-Matrix/dp/B0011URFRE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1254680421&sr=8-1"]amazon.com[/ame] has the Nautilus for $144.93 and free shipping.

walmart.com has the Nautilus for $144.44 and .97 cent shipping.

Several people have also found clearanced out Nautiluses at Target lately.
    Kate, mama to O (11), J (9) and H (5)!