Car Seat for occassional plane and car travel

swissmama

Hello,
I posted a slew of questions a few months ago but still have not made up my mind about what to do, so I was hoping maybe you could give me some more advice and help me make up my mind.
I'm not that enthused about the seats available for sale here in Switzerland as there's not much available that has a weight allowance over 18kgs/ 40lbs. So a friend will be travelling to the US next week and has agreed to bring me back a car seat, so I need to make a decision in the next few days.
My son is 21 months, 33 inches and just about 33 pounds.
We don't own a car but belong to a car share scheme here in Switzerland. So need a seat that fits into various cars - without LATCH.
We do fly long haul flights a few times a year, and I'd like to be able to put him in a car seat for these flights.
I thought I was all set and ready to buy a Radian XT, but now I'm wondering if that's such a smart decision after all. I'm concerned about the fact that it's tricky to install in some cars. So now, I'm wondering if I should just go back to the drawing board and review all of my options.
What are your suggestions?

ADS

Eclipsepearl

I have the Radian and to be honest, it's only an install problem in very few cars. I've heard that there are a couple of Toyotas but I have a Yaris and mine installs quite nicely.

We've travelled with ours' a lot and installed it into many cars without a hitch. We have a Landrover and the Yaris. My parents have a Toyota (?) and a Mazda and we rented a Ford for our trip there this summer. I've also installed it into various taxis. It's great for airplane travel since it's narrow. My dd can use the tray table and on a metal luggage cart, I can pull it down the aisle.

Maybe someone can be more precise about which cars pose a problem. My guess is that they might not even be in your car pool scheme!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC