DD2's first ride in a booster (pics)

April

Friday was the first morning when DD2 rode in a booster. That was the first day I had to drive them in the rental van and I only had my one harnessed spare seat. So DH drove and I put DD2 in one of our old style Parkways, and I sat right beside her for the 5 minute drive. She did okay, but I would never allow her to ride in a booster at this point without me sitting right beside her. She's got the impulse control of a newborn.:rolleyes:

Anyhow, the belt fit her scarily well. She's exactly 4 and 40lbs. (Turned 4 at the end of July). I honestly cannot even imagine a child this age riding in a booster full time.

Pics:
RaynPW-1.jpg

RaynPW3-1.jpg

RaynPW2-1.jpg

Of course now she keeps telling everyone "I know how to ride in a booster seat!" To which I replied "No, you are learning to ride in a booster seat.":)

ADS

Qarin

She fits great, and I'm glad to see it!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I'm glad there are booster seats which fit small booster riders well (and I'm especially glad that one of the most easily available and popular boosters, the Turbobooster, is one of them). VERY few people have any notion of what proper seatbelt fit is, and MANY people move their children at age 3 to a booster; these are facts, ones which need changing but that change is slow to come. If those parents put their child in a poorly fitting booster, they're never going to notice, and if the shoulder belt sits uncomfortably on them they are, likely as not, going to advise the child to put it behind their back- so when those small children of those not yet knowledgeable parents are in booster seats, I want that seatbelt to fit them as well and as comfortably as possible, because that's the ONLY chance those children have for being properly restrained in a crash- sure, they may be out of position at the wrong moment, but they may not be... a seat which does not EVER fit them properly means they have no chance at all of being properly restrained at the moment of impact.

So, yeah, doesn't scare me that it fits her so well, it comforts me. And in a few more months, she may well be really ready to sit well in that booster for moderate length trips. :)

Raegansmom4

She fits great, and I'm glad to see it!I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I'm glad there are booster seats which fit small booster riders well (and I'm especially glad that one of the most easily available and popular boosters, the Turbobooster, is one of them). VERY few people have any notion of what proper seatbelt fit is, and MANY people move their children at age 3 to a booster; these are facts, ones which need changing but that change is slow to come. If those parents put their child in a poorly fitting booster, they're never going to notice, and if the shoulder belt sits uncomfortably on them they are, likely as not, going to advise the child to put it behind their back- so when those small children of those not yet knowledgeable parents are in booster seats, I want that seatbelt to fit them as well and as comfortably as possible, because that's the ONLY chance those children have for being properly restrained in a crash- sure, they may be out of position at the wrong moment, but they may not be... a seat which does not EVER fit them properly means they have no chance at all of being properly restrained at the moment of impact.So, yeah, doesn't scare me that it fits her so well, it comforts me. And in a few more months, she may well be really ready to sit well in that booster for moderate length trips. :)
Well said. My step-niece-in-law (if that makes sense) was put in a TB at just barely 3 yo b/c she hit 40 lbs (her mom didn't even care what I had to say b/c the "box says..."). Anyway, at least the TB gave her a decent belt fit (well, when she doesn't put the belt behind her back :()

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Her little shoulder looks so tiny, like I can just imagine the belt flying off to the side of her arm in a crash because her head is so proportionately big... not that it's a bad fit, but I'm totally agreeing no way does she seem old/big enough to be as safe as possible in a booster.

April

Her little shoulder looks so tiny, like I can just imagine the belt flying off to the side of her arm in a crash because her head is so proportionately big... not that it's a bad fit, but I'm totally agreeing no way does she seem old/big enough to be as safe as possible in a booster.

Exactly that. I want her to know how though in case she needs to in an emergency. However we have no plans of putting her in a booster as her seat anytime soon. I just ordered her a GN on Friday.;)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Nautilus, good call :). Yeah, I even let Leah ride across parking lots in her big sibs boosters, because you just can't predict when or why you might need them to be able to sit properly in one (as you know ALL too well... I really hope you are feeling ok after your crash, btw!)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC