My Ride vs Marathon

seamonkeys

Ok, I'm not good at searching. Is the shell height of the MR listed someplace? I got DS2 to sit in a MR today and can't say for sure, but it didn't seem like he had much more room above his head than he does in the MA. Though it's hard to say since I couldn't totally take out the infant insert! :rolleyes:

Or I'd love to see comparison pictures of a kid RFing in the MR and MA.

ADS

TheNimpsGirl

I put DS (9 months, 18lbs, 27.75" long, 11.5" torso, seated height of 18") in both the other day. He was having a fit so no pictures in both (just the MA and the CA) but I did a quick measurement and in the MR he had, assuming I measured correctly, 6.5" above his head to the top of the shell and 8" above his head in the MA to the top of the shell. That was with him being on both of the bottom slots and the infant padding in the MR, oh and he wears cloth.

jujumum

They measure (with a ruler) within 1/2" of eachother. I think that the MA measured slightly more, but the MR seems to have a tad bit more space since it curves at the lower spine so the child fits differently. Here is dd around 41.5" tall and 34lbs and 3.5 yrs old. She was looking up in the DC and looking straight in the MR, so it is a little hard to compare.

DD in DC/MA ff:
seats015.jpg

DD in MR rf:
picture.php

In my estimation, she would out grow the DC/MA by height and weight nearly exactly turning 4 yrs old. At the same time, or perhaps 6 months later, she would outgrow the MR by height. By 4 she'd also outgrow the TF rf by weight.

As a side note, the MA/DC has less leg room, but it has more room for the child to cross their legs. The MR has a deeper seat, but less room for criss cross apple sauce. The seating area of the MR is rectangular with high sides, whereas the MA/DC is more of a V, and is wider and lower at the sides where the child seat hits the seatback.

As another side note, I love the way the MR head coverage gets taller and goes all the way up to the top of the seat back, vs. the MA that gets lower and lower and then disappears. You can tell what I mean in the pics.

seamonkeys

I was contemplating getting a MR to RF DS2 again, but it's looking like it won't keep him RFing much longer, so I'm not going to switch. So I'll just stick with the MA. He'll only be in it for another 6 mths or so till DD needs it.

seamonkeys

not the greatest shots, but I tried:whistle: These are of DD today. Not sure on her torso height, but it looks to me like she has a little more room in the MR than MA. I do know for sure she has a lot more leg room in the MR 65 and actually likes it better. It might be the cup holders though. She is rfing in both pictures.
http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m325/gsdguenter/DSC01102.jpg
http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m325/gsdguenter/DSC01107.jpg

Thanks!! They look really close. DS2 won't have that much height left RF in either, so that's why I'm thinking it's not worth it. I've switched the seat RFing so I can at least check his height in it RFing.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC