New style Pink Sky Frontier cover (pic heavy)

April

I got a Pink Sky frontier today with the new style/less mesh cover. They got rid of that lime green piping on the side, which I HATED. Anyhow, there's no mesh on the bottom. We're using it in booster mode.

IMG_0769.jpg

IMG_0771.jpg

IMG_0775.jpg

ADS

MOM25BOYS

Love it!!:love: It's about time they got on the ball and removed the mesh from those seats.:rolleyes: I hope they do that will all the covers now.

Splash

I think it looks horrible. Unfinished and dumb looking. I understand that it's more functional, but it would make me twitch to look at it.

KiwiGem

I just ordered one last week that I won't see here in NZ until end of November... wonder which cover it will be????

I don't mind either way because after hearing all the negative things about the mesh from here, my covers on both the seats here are holding up really well so far.

seamonkeys

I think it looks horrible. Unfinished and dumb looking. I understand that it's more functional, but it would make me twitch to look at it.

Oh good, I'm not the only one who thinks this!

I'm trying to figure out why they didn't keep the seat portion pink! And why didn't they take out ALL of the mesh? :rolleyes: I really hope that by the time I really need to buy one that they'll have new ones with no mesh!!

momto2princes

I would have to be on the "it looks horrible" side. It isn't balanced and looks out of place. I am glad they came up with a solution to the problem though.

April

I would have to be on the "it looks horrible" side. It isn't balanced and looks out of place. I am glad they came up with a solution to the problem though.

:ROTFLMAO::duck: So everyone hates my new seat? :eek:

I prefer it to the previous all mesh. But then again maybe that's since my Rushmore was destroyed in no time at all. This whole pink Frontier was a compromise. I wanted to put DS1 into a canyon one and DD1 into the onyx PWSG I bought yesterday, but DD1 kindly informed me that "black is not my style" and flat out refused to sit in it.

Since insurance was footing the bill to replace 3 harnessed seats and a booster, and I only needed 2 FF & 2 boosters, I figured I'd get this for her to use in booster mode. Then when Riley outgrows the XT, he can use this with a different cover and she should be okay in a backless by then. :thumbsup:

jujumum

I don't hate your new seat!:)

It is a start - a weak one on Britax's part - but a start. Not a cowmoo, not a Madison, but a heck of a lot better than mesh under the butt.

Niea

I'm in the waaaay minority because I like my old-style Pink Sky. I dont have any problems with mesh whatsoever. Maybe my kid is just gentle with her seat? I don't know, but all I know is that I prefer the pink color in the seat and the mesh has never been a problem.

Mingie

CPST Instructor
I like mine(and yours of course:thumbsup:). But I don't have anything to compare it too. I do agree it is a lot of black but I wouldn't call it heinous. DD#1 likes it so that is all that counts here. And it adjusts easily for us and was a pretty easy install in our van.

I guess I do find the black gets dirty with light coloured fuzz or food but a quick vacuum remedies that.

I am pretty pleased that we got the new cover here in Canada first! Usually we have to wait!

northernmommy

Awww...I don't hate your new seat, April! (Well, I'm not a frontier fan, but I don't think it looks THAT bad;)) I think ppl are just disappointed that Britax hasn't removed all the mesh...I mean, why couldn't they have just replaced ALL the mesh with appropriatly colored plush fabric? :confused::scratcheshead:

momto2princes

:ROTFLMAO::duck: So everyone hates my new seat? :eek:

I prefer it to the previous all mesh. But then again maybe that's since my Rushmore was destroyed in no time at all. This whole pink Frontier was a compromise. I wanted to put DS1 into a canyon one and DD1 into the onyx PWSG I bought yesterday, but DD1 kindly informed me that "black is not my style" and flat out refused to sit in it.

Since insurance was footing the bill to replace 3 harnessed seats and a booster, and I only needed 2 FF & 2 boosters, I figured I'd get this for her to use in booster mode. Then when Riley outgrows the XT, he can use this with a different cover and she should be okay in a backless by then. :thumbsup:

I guess that sounded wrong! :thumbsup: for a new seat. I am totally excited about getting new seats and I didn't intend for my post to rain on your parade. I was just annoyed to see that Britax only half-assed the job.

Last edited:

solmama

I agree, it does look unfinished. I think if they put another section of pink piping running between the black of the seat bottom/gray side (of the bottom) and along the sides of the seat, it would add more continuity of color. And symmetry. And look finished. But, at least it's a more durable seat.

sb518

I think it looks tacky as well but hey, it's a restraint to save my kid's life, not a fashion show.

I love the pink piping vs. the green though!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC