Is the VIVO going to be discontinued??

mamabear

We went to get a new booster for DD today (age 6.5) My younger DD(age 4) is outgrowing her MA and needs to go into DD1's Frontier soon.

She tried the Monterey, Parkway SG and the Vivo. HATED all of the m BTW, she loves:love: her Frontier(booster mode now, she's too tall for any harness). Her frontier DOES provide her long legs with more support than any of the 3 boosters we tried too.

We were allowed to take them all out to he car to try seatblet fit. She was IN TEARS!! She finally agreed that the Vivo was the most tolerable of the 3. I have to say the Parkway didn't impress me that much, I found it to be a lot like our TB with a little better side wings, but eh, not so great, and she couldn't stand the slide guard feature, she said she'd refuse to use it, and it did look funny once we put it on. I don't think she's at a big risk for submarining. And it doesn't come in pink so that's a no go for her. I liked the Monterey, but she said it "hugged" her shoulders too much:confused:, but whatever, she's entitled to her opinion. I think the nice plush fabric of the Vivo is what ultimately won her over. I like the fit pretty good, although the lap belt looks really low on her hips,pretty much on her thighs, and she's a decent sized 6yo (50", 54lbs)...And despite the steel rods through the back, it's pretty lightweight:thumbsup:

Anyway, long story short, they have to order me a pink one (blush) all they had was red (she hates red). They charge $89 retail. I came home and saw they are deeply discounted online, and most sites are out of stock. Does this mean I will have trouble with them trying to get it for me?? The store said 7-10 days for delivery, but I'm expecting a call any day now saying they can't get it (sigh) after all we went through with DD just to get her to agree to a new seat:(

Does anyone know anything????

ADS

BW1426

They just came out with new colors, so I can't imagine they're discontinuing it. The discounted ones are the old colors. Recaro made a ton of seats and therefore had to discount the old ones (the last one we ordered was 2.5 years old) and now finally they're coming out with a new batch. I'm hoping they have a better handle on their production needs.

mamabear

Do you know where I can find the "new colors" I fear that if we get a pink one, it will be an old DOM ,and I hope to pass it to my younger DD down the road so an old DOM is not ideal....

I went on Recaro's site and don't even see the Vivo...that's why I though they are getting rid of it.....

mamabear

thanks, I found it there, but couldn't find it yeasterday:confused:

I just have to wonder becasue the Vivo is out of stock most places, including Recaro's own site.

mamabear

thanks I'll check that out:thumbsup:

The store did call me and say the Pink (blush) is no longer available.....Crimson, carbon and the tan/black(don't know the name ) are all they offer now..

Let the game begin on trying to find a good price online!!

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
Did you adjust the wings on the Monterey? they expand and would give her more shoulder room.

The seating area on the Vivo is the shortest of all the seats you tried, so I am surprised it's the one that you are getting considering your comment about the Frontier's leg support - in our experience the Monterey is equally supportive for the legs - it has a nice, deep seating area.

mamabear

:yeahthat: to everything. She hated when I adjusted the shoulder width on the Monterey.:confused: I have no idea what her problem was with that seat.

And I agree that the Vivo has the least amount of seat depth of all 3, I even pointed that out to her, and asked if it bothered her (she has long legs) and she insisted it didn't. The shoulder wings on the Monterey bothered her way more. She does have some weird sensory issues. Will hate one pair of pants, but love another that's virtually the same:confused:

I think we are scrapping the Vivo idea. I can't get a new DOM in Blush anyway.

I just am dreading going back to that store anytime soon and starting over....

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
This might sound silly, but how about buying a new seat for the younger dd instead? I know it migth seem like it makes more sense to "hand down" the seats, but really, if you need to buy a seat, you need to buy a seat..why not get one for the younger and let older keep her beloved seat? I can understand if you were seriously needing to save money or whatever, but honestly, from the pricepoints of the boosters you were looking at buying for the older child, you could just as easily buy a nice combo seat for the the younger one. Nautilus? Apex? Sale radian 65? Any of those would have higher slots than the marathon, and should last for another couple years...by that point, at age 8ish, maybe older dd will have different perceptions of fit..heck, she might even be big enough for a backless, which might seem more comfy to her??

menfusse

I'm not much help, except to say that we have both a Monterey and a Vivo. We had the Monterey first and dd didn't really have any complaints with it until we got the Vivo. For whatever reason, she prefers the Vivo hands down over the Monterey. We moved it to MIL's car and she only rides in it once a week and moved the Vivo to our car as her primary seat. She is very leggy too. But, the seat on the Vivo sort of slopes downward as it goes out, so that even though the depth is much shorter, she still seems to get support from the actual seat of the car. Her legs rest on it somewhat.

mamabear

This might sound silly, but how about buying a new seat for the younger dd instead? I know it migth seem like it makes more sense to "hand down" the seats, but really, if you need to buy a seat, you need to buy a seat..why not get one for the younger and let older keep her beloved seat?....... Nautilus? Apex? Sale radian 65? Any of those would have higher slots than the marathon

I thought about it, but the Nautilus installed less than to my liking in my car, and the Radians are pretty much incompatible with my seat belts. I don't care for the Apex much.
Our Frontier is only 1.5 years old, DD2 will get really good use out of it, and I can't buy another Frontier.

Plus, and I know this is going to sound silly, but now that the Frontier is in Booster mode, the headrest is up so high that it rattles whenever she's not occupying it.It's really loud, and it drives me crazy!! I really can't deal with it anymore at this point. I can't wait to put the screw in, lower the headrest and use in with DD2 in the harness again for a good while.

mama2Cecelia

I got a Vivo last week at Big Lots for $65

it has a 2007 DOM, but I figure that dd will probably be too tall for it by then

she actually likes it better than her PW (old style), but I don't know if that has to do with comfort or the fact that the Vivo is pink and gray :rolleyes:

IMO, it seems "sturdier" than the PW---doesn't flop around as much when moving it

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC