I love it! SIL and her husband are fighting over car seats

Splash

Okay, I DON'T love that they're fighting. I don't. But...

I told her to get the SafeSeat2. I thought that, given their refusal to have him rear facing, and their previous history of horrid installs, that this seat would be the best choice. It's easy to install, very safe, and will last a long time.

Well, they didn't like it. She liked the ComfortSport, but AJ tried to talk her out of it.

HE wanted the Eddie Bauer something or other (I don't know which, I just know she said it was Eddie Bauer) and she REFUSED! She told him that I said Eddie bauer seats were no good and they were not getting it! Go Jess!

They were also going to look at the Bolero and CarGo (I didn't recommend the Cargo, because I am afraid they will try to use it as a booster. I am okay with the Bolero as a booster though, when the time comes of course). BUT, Mike liked the Marathon they had at Target (I am assuming the grey one, since our Target only carries grey and pink) and Jess was just going to try to talk him into that one, even though they really don't have the money.

I'd still rather them get a SS (even more than the Marathon, because I know he will not be RF) but hey, a MA works!

Of course, as of the last time AJ talked to her, she STILL hadn't bought a seat. She wouldn't order online because she needed it NOW, well now it's Wednesday and if they'd ordered it on Friday or Saturday it would be here by now! But her parents are leaving today, so they are out of time. They drove back to Atlanta (well, Flowery Branch, near Atlanta) yesterday, so hopefully they will find a BRU to see more seats at and get something safe. I know the kid won't last more than a year in the ComfortSport though, and it's not exactly easy to use. I even suggested a Triumph, maybe she'll like that one.

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Wow. A far cry. :) Wishing them Marathon vibes! LOL Wow. I guess they did get some sense knocked into them. Silver lining in everything, huh?

Wendy

Splash

LOL.. maybe they'll end getting that recaro seat...

I have tried to tell them to order a RY Sport online. I think it would be a good seat for them. But they are so adamant they need to get it in a store. Well, yes, they do. They need one now. But they have needed one now for five days! Hell, order one with overnight shipping and don't go anywhere tomorrow. How hard is it?

Simplysomething

How are they doing, after the accident? I guess pretty okay, considering they are fighting about carseats!

Have they mentioned anything about you and the other carseat? I'm nosey as hell.

so, be sure to update us, when they do choose a seat.

Sad that it takes that sort of thing to knock sense into people, wonderful that you helped them the way you did, kwim? If it weren't for you, it would have probably been a huge tragedy.

Splash

They're fine. Zach had some pretty bad bruises show up by Monday, and Jess keeps thinking she is in labor, and then she's not. I think that if it was going to happen, it would have happened by now, right?
Sore, but that's about it. I don't get why they don't just buy a damn car seat though! Good freakin lord!

mominabigtruck

Wow, I'd have to say that I'd take an eddie bauer anything over a comfortsport, but that's just me. At least they're taking an interest in the carseats and not just buying whatever walmart has sitting in the main aisle on sale that week.

Kellyr2

I love that she's trying to talk him into a MA now! But really more than that, like the pp said - I'm just glad they're actively shopping for a seat. I was hoping that they wouldn't just head back out and grab another cheapie backless.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Wow, I'd have to say that I'd take an eddie bauer anything over a comfortsport, but that's just me. At least they're taking an interest in the carseats and not just buying whatever walmart has sitting in the main aisle on sale that week.

LOL! I'm the opposite. I'd take a ComfortSport over an Eddie Bauer (if my child fit in the CS, of course). :)

Splash

Well they bought an Evenflo. Which one I have no clue. But he was unwilling to budge on the Eddie Bauer and she wanted the ComfortSport. So they compromised on an Evenflo. Which one I don't know yet, AJ doesn't remember. As long as it is not the Titan, I think they're in good shape. Watch it be the Titan.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Well, I guess any of the Evenflos are going to be LIGHTYEARS better than the shield booster they did have!!! :)

I hope it is the Triumph. That is my hop as long as Jess and hubby (I can't recall his name) can use the "memory harness."

I'm glad they found another seat!

Way to go, Jess! Awesome to hear that their attitudes have turned around so drastically! I'm curious to see which seat it was, too. Maybe they will even read the manual!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC