WOW if feels great when someone takes your advice!!!

becca011906

Senior Community Member
Ok yesterday i went to the store after picking up the kids from school to get a few things, i come out and parked next to me is a car, and something catches my eye, it's a BIG, BRIGHT, BRITAX i know it's a marathon b/c it's go the lulu (think that's the name) pattern that target carries, that i look at every time i go there! LOL so i look a little more and notices it's abby's preschool teachers car!!! :eek:

A few weeks ago before Christmas i helped at her school durring a parent group bingo night in the infant room, her teacher was in the infant room since she had her 4.5 month old with her inseat of the 3-5 year old room. i was holding her baby at one point and mentioned how heavy she was, she said yep she's 20lbs clothed and needs a new seat soon... hold on be right back to finish...( dh needs to check email before he leaves :) )

she was still in her infant seat that goes to 22lbs. and she was so dissapointed with the car seats b/c they dont' get used much at all, for the prices, ect. she said her son's been in a booster since he was 26 months old b/c he was 40lbs and out grew he's harness seat, he's now 5 and still in the same booster and the size of my almost 7 year old, anyways i told her that their are now seats that go up to 65lbs in weight and will last the child much longer... child starts screeming end of discussion LOL

so then today i told her i wanted to play with her seat some time! LOL (she's been my kids teachers ds and dd for going on 5 years so we kinda know each other very well, i worked with her on some nursing issues when she came back to work and worked for her for 5 weeks at the start of the year when she was on maternity leave) and she said they went to target had a nice $60 seat picked out for now and her dh say the pink seat and said on NO she NEEDS this big pick seat, it looks much safer, so when she looked at it and saw that yep it goes to 65lbs teh $60 seat went right back on the shelf!!! She also told me today how it's so much easier to tighen the straps down once she gets her in the car and gets her coat off!!! :) IT feels so good to hear that kinda thing!!!

Last edited:
ADS

Alicia-N-2SafeBugs

Senior Community Member
Yay!! I love feeling like I'm making a difference! It was warm yesterday (50 degrees! and it's snowing today. boo.) so there were a lot of people there. In the parking lot, I saw at least 7 Britax seats in people's cars! They are definitely getting more popular now that more stores are selling them. I had never seen one IRL when I bought my ds a roundabout in 2002!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC