Bought a german backless foam booster for Seth

mykidsmylife

To use at the movies. It was only $6.99 so I got it. I put Johnathon in it to see how he fit and it is a perfect fit. He said sitting a foam block is comfortable.
It is interesting. May keep it as a back up seat. Who knows.

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
If it's the one without armrests, you definitely would not want use it in the car. The crash test videos are absolutely horrific, it slides right forward and the lapbelt rides up and guts the dummy in a bad way. If it has armrests, yeah, cool, it'll work as a spare :thumbsup:

mykidsmylife

Do you by chance have the crash test vids???
My friend has the one with the armrest. This doesn't.

It makes a great seat for the movies for Seth. Totally worth the $7 if that is all it is used for. :)

BabyKaykes

I didn't even think of a booster seat for the movies!!!!

Not only does DS not quite weigh enough to hold down a movie seat, but he hates the hard plastic ones that they have.

mykidsmylife

Seth is only 27lbs fully clothed and he has no issues holding the seat down. LOL. Most of the kids bring backless boosters. You have no idea how many screwless turbo boosters I see. Pics coming.

mykidsmylife

It fits perfectly in the back bench but not in the middle. Pretty crazy.

DSCF1970.jpg

DSCF1967.jpg

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Someone saved it and posted it to youtube, but then it was taken off (copyright infringement)... only way I know how to find it is to google "oeamtc kindersitze" and look in the archives for 2001 or 2002 and they show the videos :/. But that IS an excellent price for a chair/movie booster :D

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
I have been looking for a site like that in german!

Bitte schön. Are you looking for info for someone living in Germany? If so, the same stuff should be on the ADAC website, and the new results are always published in ADAC magazine, so ADAC members can get a hard copy that way.

mykidsmylife

Yes Ulrike I realized hence why I said the fit was perfect in the back but not the middle. ;)

Thanks for that link. I plan on sharing this video.

I took this video of Seth yesterday and at the end just pulled the seat out from under him so yeah I see the dangers.

Thanks
DISCLAIMER: SETH IS 3 AND STILL RIDES REAR-FACING.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwGt-8Anhpw"]YouTube - Boom Boom Boom[/ame]

monstah

He is so cute! Now I have the B.E.P's stuck in my head. :p I'd rep you again, but I need to spread the love.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC