Got the itch for a new seat...what should I try?

Marvin711

First - don't know if I have ever introduced myself on here... I mostly lurk via my iPod which I don't really like to type on so I don't post often! But on the desktop tonight so thought I would! :)
SAHM of 2, former CPS tech ( I let it expire and life got crazy with two kiddos!), and self admitting car seat junky!

Soooo, I think I want a new seat...what should I get? Currently, have a 5 y.o. DS in Red Rock Frontier and Onyx Regent. 16 month old DD is RFing in Ashley Floral MA and a Speedway MA (hand me down from brother!) I bought another AF cover but it looks bad with the black straps, so we went back to this one, it is nice for summer too. I have an additional MA for friends car's or when friends ride with us. I really am a Britax fan, just whitttled down my collection to these 5 this spring! But I am not opposed to trying something different, we are just so familiar with Britax so we've stayed with them! Cars are '09 Odyssey and '07 Altima. It really bothers me when our seats don't match so I think that is the root of the matter with this seat buying itch...
$$ isn't a huge factor as I'm used to paying the Britax prices but I am still a bargain shopper so want to get it on sale! I'm sure DH will make me get rid of one of the current seats and prob some of the covers:thumbsdown: if we get a new one so that can help fund!

ADS

romanoma

So are you wanting a seat that will match the red frontier? A new seat for DD?
How about...
- A radian XTSL in Flora? brown and green match red, right :whistle:
- Ok, maybe that's a stretch. There's always the Rio XT, but it's not very girly. (I could recommend a seat, but the matching part is hard!)
- Would the cranberry true fit premier clash with the frontier? I haven't seen it IRL.

Or a new seat to match the Onyx...
- Maybe a granite radian? Or Hampton?
- Would a chandler myride look OK? Or a flair :D:love::D:love:. I love the flair, but it wouln't match. It is gray in the background though. Depends on your definition of "match". If it were me, I would bend my definition to accomodate the flair (Did I mention I love the flair?)

Just a few ideas to get you started. Have you been looking? Anything you really want or don't want in a seat?

Marvin711

I want to for sure keep the Frontier and the Ashley MA since they were both purchased in the 6-12 months. But will send them to different cars... then need to figure out what to do from there... I could look for a cowmoo or something for the other MA and put it with the red rock? Then what for DS with the Ashley? I am thinking I would want something that is harnessed now and converts to booster for later since he is 5... That would be most logical I guess. But I just like seats :) so wanted to get other feedback took before I made any decisions. Haven't tried any of the seats you mentioned- interested to see the "flair" sounds fun....

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC