Question about accidents and car-seats

my2kidsSafe

I was recently talking to a friend who got in an accident about replacing her seats and it got me thinking. I have 2 kids and i have a radian, a regent and a Marathon installed in the van. I like to have the 2 britax seats in the captains seat but sometimes we take both my mom and my grandmother in my van and for the longest time i used to have to take the regent out and install it in the last row if i had them both with me. So i decided to just install my radian in the 3rd row for dd to use when i take them both just pull the regent out and keep it at there house when needed. It installs like a breeze in the van so it doesn't take long to put it in the 2nd row. After talking to my friend i got to thinking, would insurance give me a hard time replacing 3 seats if i got in an accident even though i only have 2 kids.

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Some companies are better about replacing seats than others. Some are hesitant to replace one that was unoccupied (even if it's your only seat.) Some, you tell them how many seats, they cut you a check. It really varies.

NannyMom

Some companies are better about replacing seats than others. Some are hesitant to replace one that was unoccupied (even if it's your only seat.) Some, you tell them how many seats, they cut you a check. It really varies.

:yeahthat:

Pixels

There's a lot of variation with the insurance companies. When I was rear ended, all I had to do was ask and they were willing to cut me a check (after I found the original receipt and sent it to them :rollseyes:). They didn't ask if the seat was occupied or anything like that, though if they checked the paperwork they would have seen that my infant daughter was in the vehicle with me.

Sometimes ins. cos. don't want to pay even if the other driver was clearly at fault and it was a severe accident and the seat was occupied. Sometimes they're really, really good about it. You don't know what you're going to get until after the accident occurs.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC