Would you buy a Target on-line return seat?

Raegansmom4

My Target has 2 True Fits on a 30% off (at $132), but I think they may be on-line returns. Do they basically have to be unused to return, or do I risk getting a seat someone used and abused for a month first? I have some extra funds coming in and want (not really need) this car seat. I'm thinking to use the True Fit rfing until my dd hits the 35 lbs (she's 29.5 now at 18 mo), and then putting her MyRide back in to get to the 40 lbs. Then, I think I'd use the True Fit ffing since the MR is not really a favorable ff seat. Anyway, what do you think about the Target on-line return deals?

ADS

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I would (and did) get an online return TrueFit! The one I bought had been opened, but the plastic was still around the seat and all the tags were on it.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
From previous threads, it seems there are people who don't have any problem returning seats that they've used and changed their minds about. I'd check the seat very thoroughly to make sure it's unused.

my2kidsSafe

i bought a radian that way. The box was open but i don't even think they took it out of the box. I think the box was open so target could verify. It still had all tags on the seat and everything. Definately wasn't used at all.

Rosey

Two of my Targets have 30% off TFs so I'm not sure they are even online returns. Even if they were, yes I would buy one.

TheNimpsGirl

They aren't on-line returns more than likely. If they are you should see shipping labels on the sides.

The reason I say though that they aren't on-line returns is because Target use to sell the tan one. In June we did a reset company wide and there was a glitch with some of the car seats. What happens with a reset is that car seats (or any item) that isn't being carried forward should go d-coded. D-coded items have no home (spot) and are flexed (just put some where in the store logical) and eventually get marked down on clearance. However, the pink GN, the tan TF, graco bases and a SR didn't go d-coded, they remained on active status. Then went d-coded. Then went back to active status. Then went to clearance this week. Most stores don't have room for that many car seats that are d-coded on the floor so they stayed in the backroom at many stores.

I've personally been watching some myself but am resisting buying one till it goes cheaper because I would rather have one with the ARB and not in tan, but for the right price + my discount, it would be a great deal.

Connor's Mom

From previous threads, it seems there are people who don't have any problem returning seats that they've used and changed their minds about. I'd check the seat very thoroughly to make sure it's unused.

I agree, we have had several people post here that they used a seat, didn't like it for some reason and returned it. I figure that if there are people that will openly admit that they did that on a car seat board then that this is more than likely not an uncommon thing. :whistle:
I would not buy it unless it still had the tags attached and the plastic wrap on. But, that is just me.
But, I also agree with PP that these are more than likely not returns. Target has several seats clearanced at this time. There have been several threads regarding it. :)

macmomma

Loooong time ago when my son was an infant I had bought a seat and did not like it- I tried returning it to the store and was told to please call the hotline for the company that the car seat was made ( I think it was Evenflo but not 100% sure)- supposedly the store could not resell a returned car seat because of safety issues but had to return it to the manufacturer. I thought that this was still the case:eek:
I am not sure if I would buy a returned seat- I surely would check the seat out thoroughly.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Stores aren't supposed to sell returned seats.

CSRs make mistakes, stores purposely resell them because they don't want to take the loss, customers aren't honest about the circumstances of the return, stuff happens.

I would be leery of returned seats.

babyherder

How do you know if a seat is returned, online or just from the store and brought back? I got a TB from Target, it didn't fit in my car, and I returned it. No shipping tags on the box. Tags still attached to seat. And I'm pretty sure I could have used the seat with the tags on it had I wanted to and then returned it a week later.

(It only ever rode in my car in the box from the store and back and no accidents so I know it was fine to return.)

Polola0628

sometimes Target runs out of the labels and uses the "online item" stickers for clearance. I asked about this once.

I might do it, depending in the state of what's in the box. I buy tons of returned online items.. got DD2s crib set for 50 bucks!!

HEVY

Our targets sell online seats but never discount them :mad: I would have a few times if they were discounted. Funny how they will sell an online return at regular price then get mad and throw the box in a cart and send it in the back if you so much as open it to look inside, saying it's now unsellable.

all together ooky

At my Target there is a True Fit marked down to $132 but I know it's not a return. It's been on the shelf forever at the regular price. Then last week I looked and it was marked clearance. It's not even by the regular seats, it's over by the bouncers. I think they are just trying to get rid of old inventory. There was a Nautilus there too for $101 (pink and grey).
Just wanted to put out there that it just may be a regular clearance seat.

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Our TFs were clearanced at that price Thursday. Neither was a return, didn't appear to have been opened. So I think you're ok! :D

henrietta

Two of my Targets have 30% off TFs so I'm not sure they are even online returns. Even if they were, yes I would buy one.

Mine, too. I just posted about them in Deals last week. They were definitely NOT shipped/returns--no labels, tape perfect, etc.

henrietta

TheNimpsGirl

Like I said before, it's not a return if the TF has the number 030-XX-1801. It's like I described it before, there was a glitch. I work at a Target and knew about the glitch for a while now.

That being said, I can't comment too much about what I feel about Target and how they handle returned seats (my store's managers know how I feel). All I can say is that I would inspect a car seat upside down, backwards and right side up before buying one I knew was a return and still probably wouldn't buy it. But that goes for any store, not just Target.

Raegansmom4

I went to Target last night and looked over the boxes some more. Couldn't find any shipping labels, so I guess they probably aren't returns. Thanks TheNimpsGirl - I'll check for that label number. They were still $132 but I was told they will probably be marked down some more on Wednesday morning when they do markdowns, so I'll go back then. Hopefully no one will snag them up between now and Wednesday! They have been there at least since this past Wednesday, so I expect they may not be gone. I'm in the land of the AOE and Comfortsport, so hopefully they will be there Wednesday even cheaper! If it gets in the neighborhood of $100, it's mine!!!!

crunchierthanthou

I went to Target last night and looked over the boxes some more. Couldn't find any shipping labels, so I guess they probably aren't returns. Thanks TheNimpsGirl - I'll check for that label number. They were still $132 but I was told they will probably be marked down some more on Wednesday morning when they do markdowns, so I'll go back then. Hopefully no one will snag them up between now and Wednesday! They have been there at least since this past Wednesday, so I expect they may not be gone. I'm in the land of the AOE and Comfortsport, so hopefully they will be there Wednesday even cheaper! If it gets in the neighborhood of $100, it's mine!!!!

My Target does baby/kids markdowns on Monday. I think that's consistent with their national schedule. It can vary by store, but might be worth checking tomorrow.

sometimes Target runs out of the labels and uses the "online item" stickers for clearance. I asked about this once.

Target is in the process of changing all of their clearance stickers (at least, all the ones near me are). The new ones look like mini versions of the old as is/online return ones. Some have a barcode, and they say clearance, online, repackage, etc.

ETA: I recognize that it's totally dorky, but I actually took pictures the first day I noticed the changes. I was going to ask about it here. :eek: Here are the new style. Click to enlarge.

Raegansmom4

My Target does baby/kids markdowns on Monday. I think that's consistent with their national schedule. It can vary by store, but might be worth checking tomorrow.

Shoot. I'm 40 miles from Target, so I'd hate to drive that far tomorrow but have our SD store be the only one not to follow national schedule and then have to go back on Wednesday. Do you think I could call tomorrow to see? Would they price check over the phone?

crunchierthanthou

Shoot. I'm 40 miles from Target, so I'd hate to drive that far tomorrow but have our SD store be the only one not to follow national schedule and then have to go back on Wednesday. Do you think I could call tomorrow to see? Would they price check over the phone?

Yes, I would call. You can give them the DPCI if you have it and ask if they're in stock and what the price is. I suppose that even easier would be to call and ask the kids department if it's their markdown day before asking about the TF.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC