High Back Booster in 3rd row Center Position?

MonkeyWrangler

Hey Everyone,

I just got a clek oobr (which seems amazing) and I installed it in the 3rd row center. I never see anyone install a high back booster or an oobr in the center position so I thought it wasn't possible. Mine installed fine. So what gives? Did I overlook something or do people not put highback boosters in 3rd row center position? It's an 2006 Honda odyssey.

Just wanted the car seat brain trust opinion,
thanks!

ADS

Pixels

It's perfectly fine and safe to put a booster in that third row center seat as long as there's a shoulder belt and the seat actually fits. I think boosters aren't as common in the center because often by then there is more than one child, parents usually put two children both outboard, and some vehicles have a bit of a hump in the center seat which can make some boosters tippy. Tippiness is not unsafe, but annoying.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Also, many people get the clek boosters because of their LATCH-capability, and in many vehicles, you cannot use LATCH (or they do not have standard spacing and/or positioning) in the middle.

MonkeyWrangler

oh good! I thought I was crazy or missing some reason that made it unsafe. It's not tippy at all-it installed great. cool! thanks for double checking me.

MonkeyWrangler

Ketchup Queen-I did install it with latch! But it seems fine, looks great. Nothing was covered up with the seat and all seatbelt buckles are easy to get to. It just seemed too easy and I never see anyone with that install so I still think it is wrong. I guess it's ok?

skaterbabs

Check your vehicle manual or post the make, model and year so we can look it up. Many cars do not allow center LATCH and you can't necessarily tell by looking at the anchors if it's okay.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
She mentioned it's a 2006 Ody in the first post, with the Oobr in the third row center. :) The 2006 Ody's third row center has a full set of LATCH, so it's all good. :thumbsup:

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Yes, as Jeanum says, your vehicle is one in which the center is usable for LATCH. It's just that not everyone has that in their vehicles. :)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
There's just almost no one with Oobrs yet :). You'll have to be sure to stick around and help us out by answering questions about it.

:)

MonkeyWrangler

I'd love to answer any questions about it-I am pretty ignorant though. It seems like a completely different beast than any other booster I have dealt with. But for that kind of money, it should be!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC