My sister was in an accident

My mom came over a bit ago & informed me that my sister was in a car accident on her way to work this morning. She rear ended a a huge truck (my oms description so I dunno if it was a big pick up or an 18 wheeler). Not sure on speed from the sound of 40mph or more as she was getting on the freeway & the truck in front of her slammed on his brakes unexpectedly. Her front drivers headlight was smashed in in & the bumper is messed up & surprisingly the airbags didn't deploy. My mom says my sister is ok, just jammed her wrist a bit because she was still holding onto the steering wheel.

I told her I was glad to hear my sister was ok & that I'd call me sister later tonight to check on her & then asked if my sister still had the Nautilus installed. My mom said she wasn't sure & got pissy at me for asking & said there's no need to replace it. I told I'm not so sure about that.

So, do you think it should be replaced? I'll see about more details (specifically speed) about the accident. Any other questions I should ask about the accident to clarify if the seat needs to be replaced?

ADS

Mommy0608

Graco requires replacement after ANY crash, so yes, it needs to be replaced unfortunately. The Nautilus manual should say clearly that it must be replaced.

I'm glad your sister is okay! How scary. :(

Graco requires replacement after ANY crash, so yes, it needs to be replaced unfortunately. The Nautilus manual should say clearly that it must be replaced.

I'm glad your sister is okay! How scary. :(

That is what I thought. TY. I'll go pull my manual off my GN & look for that in there. I need B&W proof for them.

I have constant car seat issues w/ my mom & sis & if they choose to ignore replacing the seat I'm making the parental decision to never let them take him in a car again unless it is my car.

myliljunebugs

Yeah, definitely needs replaced, even by Britax standards it does. Insurance should have no problem covering it. (((hugs))) glad she is okay!

Mommy0608

That is what I thought. TY. I'll go pull my manual off my GN & look for that in there. I need B&W proof for them.

I have constant car seat issues w/ my mom & sis & if they choose to ignore replacing the seat I'm making the parental decision to never let them take him in a car again unless it is my car.

That's a bummer that they won't follow the manufacturer's requirements. I agree with you, if I were in that situation and they didn't replace it, there is no way I would ever let me child ride in that seat. I hope you can convince them. Also, a phone call to Graco may help... they may even send you a statement saying it needs to be replaced. Good luck!

Jonah Baby

Graco is good about sending letters in regards to seat replacement - I had one sent to me when the IC tried to balk at replacing it.

My seat had MAJOR stress marks on the rear facing belt path after our accident, the accident that no one believed I needed to replace the seat from.
Too bad you can't tell if there is damage before you take it out....

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC