SwaddleMe Traveler Rocks

Maggie

Seriously. DD3 has hated the carseat since birth.

She loves to be wrapped tightly at home while she sleeps. It's very thin and I'm completely comfortable using it in the carseat. It doesn't interfere with the harness at all and it's thinner than the fleece I was planning to use this winter from Lands End. :thumbsup:

I had a 2 hr car ride to make yesterday. She made not ONE peep the entire time. If I didn't know better, I would have left in the seat once we got home. :p I was able to take her out, wrap her back up and she continued to nap for an hour and a half in her bouncy! :eek:

It is so nice to be able to take rides in the car without listening to her scream. I can also take her into the stores to go shopping for fun now. Before it was only if I HAD to get something. She'd be so worked up from crying in the car that even me carrying her in the store wouldn't calm her. So we'd run in as fast as we could, grab what we needed and get home.

This morning DD2, DD3 and I went peacefully browsing around at BRU after dropping DD1 off at school. It was wonderful.

Thanks so much to Jennifer (thepeach80) for making my life so much quieter. :p

Last edited:
ADS

mom2juliarose

I'm not sure I understand how it wraps without interfering with the straps, and a google search didn't find me much. Can you explain or show pictures? Thanks!

mom2juliarose

I'm not sure I understand how it wraps without interfering with the straps, and a google search didn't find me much. Can you explain or show pictures? Thanks!

Thanks, I guess I should've been more specific. I guess I'm trying to figure out what it looks like when laid in the seat before you put the baby in. To see where it is in reference to the seat straps.

Nevermind, I figured it out.

CarSeatPoncho

Looks like the back of it would lie flat against the back of the seat, right below the harness slots. It would be held there, I'm assuming, by the baby's back and snug harness :)thumbsup:).

Glad it's working for you and dd... I often wish *I* could get a good swaddle for me!

pastrygirl

I WANT ONE. I can't go ANYWHERE with Caleb right now. Preschool pickup/dropoff are a nightmare, and that's about all I can handle all week.

Pixels

I had one, but instead of two separate legs it had a slot for the crotch strap and both legs went together into one pouch. I only used it once, for the ride home from the hospital, but DD needed it then. Blondie87 has it now.

I think BRU carries them.

Maggie

I WANT ONE. I can't go ANYWHERE with Caleb right now. Preschool pickup/dropoff are a nightmare, and that's about all I can handle all week.

This was one of our biggest problems. To get a good spot you have to arrive 20 min before the bell! No fun with an unhappy baby.

My other kids were not fans of being swaddled, but DD3 loves it.

pastrygirl

Caleb doesn't like being swaddled, so I've been doing arms-out swaddling. But I wonder if in the car, he might like his arms contained. I have the SwaddleMes that pixels posted about, with the hole for the crotch strap, so maybe I'll try that first before tracking down a Traveler. I've been thinking about trying the ones I have. But right now, I'd like to just hibernate until spring. :(

ETA: I would CRY if I had to get to the preschool 20 minutes early! As it is, I wish it was a drive-by drop-off/pickup!

pastrygirl

THANK YOU for this thread!!!!!!! I've been using my regular SwaddleMe in the car seat and it's made a world of difference! He still cries sometimes, but I can make most trips without a peep now! This morning, I even got to run some errands for a full hour!!!!

amyd

I had one, but instead of two separate legs it had a slot for the crotch strap and both legs went together into one pouch. I only used it once, for the ride home from the hospital, but DD needed it then. Blondie87 has it now.

I think BRU carries them.

That's exactly what I found at the thrift store a couple weeks ago! I bought it because it seemed like some sort of swaddle blanket & I figured I'd use it for the next baby. I wasn't really sure what you did with it, though:eek:

Maggie

THANK YOU for this thread!!!!!!! I've been using my regular SwaddleMe in the car seat and it's made a world of difference! He still cries sometimes, but I can make most trips without a peep now! This morning, I even got to run some errands for a full hour!!!!

:thumbsup: That's awesome! Yeah, DD will still fuss a bit, but no full on screaming for the entire ride.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I'm so glad it's helping! We used it a handful of times w/ Ilana and never w/ Olivia, it's just been sitting around while I tried to figure out what I was going to do w/ it. :)

JerseyGirl'sMama

OP - your DD is adorable! Just had to mention that. :love:

I use the Swaddle Me's at home for DS. I saw that it had a little opening in the back, and figured it was for carseat or swing, but have yet to use while he is actually in either of those. Maybe I will try.

I got a Woombie from Melniemi and he managed to get his arms out of that already. The Swaddle Me is working better at this time.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC