Question Combi Zeus Turn Convertible

mamajava

Senior Community Member
Just curious if anybody has this seat or has any experience with this seat! I would love to get it for my 14 month old:whistle:, but I am kinda spectical of it. I love the looks of it and everything and the all the cool functions of it! But last time I just ordered a seat without seeing it or "playing" with it, I hated it and it is sitting up in the storage of my garage and hubby would get a little bit mad if I did that again:mad:! Thanks in advance to everyone!

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Are you talking about the Zeus Turn or the Zeus 360?

I would never, under any circumstances, recommend the Zeus Turn. It only has a 22-lb rear-facing weight limit, and many kids will outgrow that before they can legally (and WELL before they should realistically) be forward-facing.

It was also very confusing to use and install.

Combi has made a lot of changes with the new Zeus 360, though. It has a higher rear-facing weight limit at 33 lbs. (Though that is still among the lowest out there), and they have supposedly changed the design so it's easier to install.

One of the writers at carseatblog has one (and I believe is preparing a review), but other than that, it's still very new and I don't think many people have seen it. (Come to think of it, I think there's a very brief video of it over at carseatblog.com.)

Even with the improvements, though, I see this as very much a niche seat. I would possibly recommend it for someone with disabilities that cause difficulty loading a kid into the car, or maybe for two-door cars since it can be hard to get rear-facing kids in there.

Do you have a specific reason for wanting that seat?

crunchierthanthou

Ditto everything Jennie said. Do you ever travel? Because it weighs nearly 30 lbs and is not certified for use in aircraft.

I played with one yesterday. It does have a neat concept. I like the anti-rebound design. It has some quirks and drawbacks.

What do you drive?

mamajava

Senior Community Member
I drive an 09 Crysler Town and Country. I just wanted this seat cause it looked interesting! I know I looked at it when it first came out, but was discouraged because it did only go to 40 pounds ff and only 22 rf!

No reason on why I want this seat...just in the market for a new one! I tend to get sick of my seats after a few months and then swap them out or go get a new one. And its always me that has all the odd seats when I go do carseat checks! All my techs hate it!

No, we don't travel either. Planning a trip in the near future when baby gets a little older, but I have plenty of other seats that can be used for that matter!

Thanks again! Any recommendations I would appreciate too! I am not a big fan of the Britax! And I hate my Recarro Como that is sitting in my garage storage! So that leaves me with just babies MyRide and Triumph! oh yea, and she still used her Safeseat1!

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
I definitely would not consider the Zeus Turn, especially now that the 360 is out. I have an '07 Town and Country and hate that the backseat latch is offcenter and takes up two seating spaces. Since I reserve the captian's chairs for any FF's (for the top tether) I've considered getting one of these for any RF'ers in the back. Also, because I love buying seats :) And because I'm have many different kids in an out of my car alot and it's nice to have a variety of seats so I always have the perfect set up.

I don't really think I answered your question at all, sorry!

mamajava

Senior Community Member
hate that the backseat latch is offcenter and takes up two seating spaces.

I really hate this! I only have 2 kids, and usually don't have anybody else in the van with us, so they are in the captain chairs! But that is something that I am really peeved about, is how the latch is set up in the rear seat!

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
And its always me that has all the odd seats when I go do carseat checks! All my techs hate it!

The Zeus Turn 360 is a very nice seat with a few quirks (like any seat). As Heather said, we will have a full review on the Blog very soon. Most techs haven't even seen it, outside those in very affluent downtown areas in big cities. Maybe they confused it with another seat?

Incidentally, if you are a certified technician, please request technician access-

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=26521

Thank you!

mamajava

Senior Community Member
No, I don't have this seat. I meant that out of all the techs in this area, its always me that brings weird seats to all the checks for everybody to check out!

And yes, I am a certified tech!

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I misunderstood, sorry! Anyway, tech access gives a few benefits and a title as well. Thanks!

mamajava

Senior Community Member
I can't find Technical Professionals to get into the tech forum. It's prolly right infront of my face and I am blind!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC