Do think I could get a radian

Jennifer mom to my 7

more upright in these seats?
IMG_3207_6.jpg

IMG_3222_8.jpg

ADS

BookMama

Senior Community Member
They're flat, but how compressible (squishy) are they? I'm able to get the Radian fairly upright in my Focus because the seats are really compressible. :thumbsup:

shorty393

They're flat, but how compressible (squishy) are they? I'm able to get the Radian fairly upright in my Focus because the seats are really compressible. :thumbsup:

i was thinking the same thing, they look squishy. and the new smaller boot could slide a little between the seat bottom and back to make more room.

rachandsoph

sorry im answering for the OP but it looks like a gmc explorer van. if it is, its a super comfy ride!

Thanks so much! We drive a Yukon XL, but it's difficult to get the kiddos in/out...I'm always on the hunt for something more user(lower to ground) friendly that can haul people/dogs/gear comfortably.

Jennifer mom to my 7

Yes, it is a 9 passenger gmc conversion van. I :love: it. I would love to get a radian on the rear bench, but that is really flat, and not squishy at all. With long belt stalks. Ooh, then I could re rear face my 4 year old (she is about 42 pounds) and put all 3 youngest across the back. I'm dreaming, I know. I will have to double check how squishy they are.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Based on how you've got the MA installed, I think you could get a more upright install with the Radian. Just from looking at the pic, I think I could get that MA much more upright (not that it needs to be) just by pulling the base farther away from the bight, assuming the vehicle seat would compress well when I shoved down on the front (like in my avatar pic.)

Jennifer mom to my 7

Wanted to revisit this thread, since I am closer to being able to get new seats:)

So, I was just out reinstalling the boulevard, and the seats are squishier at the bight than at the front, so it may be doable. And even the rear bench is squishier than I thought. So, if it didn't work in the big van, it would work in an 8 passenger sienna, correct? So, if I bought the radian xtsl, and it didn't work in the big van, I could use it in the sienna, instead? I do eventually want seats for each van, so at least 2 more seats.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC