Tech Database?

skipspin

I was wondering if there is a way to have a car-seat.org tech database. It could include car-seat.org registered technicians or any other technicians that have a great reputation with the technicians here for promoting best practice.

This way when someone comes to the board they can see if there are any techs that are in their local area to help them before going to Safekids. Personally, I have had trouble getting in contact with many of our local techs off the Safekids list and I have no idea if they are promoting best practice or not at most of the locations.

ADS

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
I have considered that, but I don't want to maintain a database, especially given possible privacy issues. On the other hand, someone can certainly make a thread and then compile a listing of technicians who want to be reply to be included. That could go in the Safety Articles forum or here.

skaterbabs

We have this on the Delphi forum and it's really helpful because often parents check the SK or NHTSA list and then have a bad experience because the tech isn't familiar with their seat (especially Britax.) Also many parents prefer to interact in person with someone they've already communicated with online. For that list I keep the master list and update twice a year, or as requested. If a tech doesn't want to be listed, or doesn't want personal info known, they simply opt to not be included.

the format for the delphi list is:

State (locality if desired, i.e. "NY/upstate" or "VA/Alexandria")

Tech's real first name

Tech's forum ID

year certified

Then all the tech IDs are put into a spreadsheet alphabetically by state. International techs are listed too, with the same format. If that format is acceptible here, I could do it pretty easily, since I already have it set up.

skaterbabs

roflol
on the delphi list some techs just listed their state, some listed state + region, some listed city & state.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC