Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Thread: Tech Database?

Tech Database?

I was wondering if there is a way to have a car-seat.org tech database. It could include car-seat.org registered technicians or any other technicians that have a great reputation with the technicians here for promoting best practice.

This way when someone comes to the board they can see if there are any techs that are in their local area to help them before going to Safekids. Personally, I have had trouble getting in contact with many of our local techs off the Safekids list and I have no idea if they are promoting best practice or not at most of the locations.

9 yr old in a pink zebra NBB and 5-stepping
    6 yr DS1 old in a Harmony
    4 yr old DS2 in a Nautilus and Radian
    18 mo DS3 rfing in a MyRide65

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Tech Database?

I have considered that, but I don't want to maintain a database, especially given possible privacy issues. On the other hand, someone can certainly make a thread and then compile a listing of technicians who want to be reply to be included. That could go in the Safety Articles forum or here.

We have this on the Delphi forum and it's really helpful because often parents check the SK or NHTSA list and then have a bad experience because the tech isn't familiar with their seat (especially Britax.) Also many parents prefer to interact in person with someone they've already communicated with online. For that list I keep the master list and update twice a year, or as requested. If a tech doesn't want to be listed, or doesn't want personal info known, they simply opt to not be included.

the format for the delphi list is:

State (locality if desired, i.e. "NY/upstate" or "VA/Alexandria")

Tech's real first name

Tech's forum ID

year certified

Then all the tech IDs are put into a spreadsheet alphabetically by state. International techs are listed too, with the same format. If that format is acceptible here, I could do it pretty easily, since I already have it set up.
    Rebekah Branch, CPST from May 2005 until June 2011
    Mom to CJ (7/96, seatbelt), Gregory (4/98, seatbelt), & Joyjoy (10/03, misc. booster seats)
    "That which you create in beauty and goodness and truth lives on."
    - Denis Waitley

Car-Seat.org Ambassador Patriot201's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skaterbabscpst View Post
    the format for the delphi list is:

State (locality if desired, i.e. "NY/upstate" or "VA/Alexandria")

Tech's real first name

Tech's forum ID

year certified

I'd appreciate that!!! I'd especially appreciate it since you listed my area as one of your examples!

roflol
    on the delphi list some techs just listed their state, some listed state + region, some listed city & state.
    Rebekah Branch, CPST from May 2005 until June 2011
    Mom to CJ (7/96, seatbelt), Gregory (4/98, seatbelt), & Joyjoy (10/03, misc. booster seats)
    "That which you create in beauty and goodness and truth lives on."
    - Denis Waitley