Decatholon

cadensmommy

Senior Community Member
OK please tell me does it not have the black bar that holds the lower anchors??? My friend got one I have not seen one in person becouse no one has them so I have no clue all the marathons have them my boulevard has it??? thanks!

Clarissa

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I believe they all have them. The ones on the sides, right? My wizard does.

Why the concern over them?

Wendy

skaterbabs

I think it's the DC that does NOT have the LATCH bars. Not a big deal if you have a wide backseat or are using a LATCH or l/s belt installation, but if you're using a lap-only installation the belt MUST be routed UNDER the LATCH bars, and for some vehicles that can be tricky due to very large buckles.

TXDani

Senior Community Member
No the DC does not have the LATCH bars. It is a single strap that is attached to the seat by a little moving loop thing...nice description I know!;) But yeah it does not have them.

SPJ&E

I think it's the DC that does NOT have the LATCH bars. Not a big deal if you have a wide backseat or are using a LATCH or l/s belt installation, but if you're using a lap-only installation the belt MUST be routed UNDER the LATCH bars, and for some vehicles that can be tricky due to very large buckles.

I'm a little confused here! Are you talking about the Marathon? Mine is installed with a lap belt only and the only way the belt will fit is UNDER the bars. There is no way they would go over them, the space is too small. The lap/shoulder belts (outboard) would HAVE to go under as well...there's no way they would go over. Sorry to seem dumb here, lol, I'm just confused by that!

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I'm a little confused here! Are you talking about the Marathon? Mine is installed with a lap belt only and the only way the belt will fit is UNDER the bars. There is no way they would go over them, the space is too small. The lap/shoulder belts (outboard) would HAVE to go under as well...there's no way they would go over. Sorry to seem dumb here, lol, I'm just confused by that!

She was talking about when the seat is installed ff with a lap belt. It has to go under the bars. Where as when you install it with a lap/shoulder belt it goes over the bars. But yeah, for rf, it goes under no matter if it's lap or lap/shoulder.

It's one of the nice things about the DC...without the bars, no confusion as to over/under! LOL

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Wow, I didn't know that. I don't know which I'd like better. The annoying bars, which have individual LATCH buckles, or the single thread of the LATCH equipment without the bars, but generally are more difficult to tighten. The Radian has a single thread, our Wizards the two buckles.

It took me a long time to be able to fit my locking latchplate under the bars. The plastic cover has popped off, I think that's what helped. hehe

Wendy

skaterbabs

She was talking about when the seat is installed ff with a lap belt. It has to go under the bars. Where as when you install it with a lap/shoulder belt it goes over the bars. But yeah, for rf, it goes under no matter if it's lap or lap/shoulder.

It's one of the nice things about the DC...without the bars, no confusion as to over/under! LOL

Exactly, sorry for the confusion. My Jeep, for example, has very large locking latchplates AND very, very cushy seats. It makes installing my MA in the center of the back seat a bit more a challenge since the belt MUST be routed under the LATCH bars FF. The vehicle seat is so cushy that the MA has to be installed just right or the entire car seat will tilt forwad in a crash because there's no center tether anchor. :rolleyes: It can be done, and it's not THAT big of a hassle, but it's enough of one that we're getting a second seat so that we don't have to constantly move the MA back and forth between the Suburban & the Jeep. :p

Yoshi

As everyone else already said, no, it doesn't have them. Here's a picture.

Decathlon.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC