Anyone use a Compass B510, Turbo or Parkway for airline travel?

ajweeks

Hi,

Just curious if anyone uses a booster for travel and if something like the compass booster fits in the overhead of an airplane. I'm trying to decide if our Strollee McKinley backless booster is going to be ok for my son to use in a car ride just to and from the airport when we fly to a wedding for New Years or if I should try to bring our Parkway (check it?) or buy another booster. I've used the backless booster for travel before and it is so easy to carry through the airport (he is never in the car that much), but now I'm more worried about it. For this one trip, we will be in a minivan driven by a shuttle company to and from the airport so pretty safe.

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Just eyeballing the Compass I believe it'll fit. We're going to get one when Piper is older for travel for that purpose.

People also can take the Turbobooster and put the back in their suitcase and the bottom in the overhead bin, that way you have a highback and no worries.

Wendy

mominabigtruck

I have the compass booster, I've never used it for airplane travel though. I keep mine in my trunk in case my oldest decided he must visit someone, that way I don't have to take out my husky. I love mine, it folds really easily, has a carry handle, and the fabric is super durable.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Well, I like that the Compass folds, but if kiddo still fits the Radian then that's what I'd use instead -- otherwise, the Turbo can be pretty easy for travel: carry backless (kiddo can use it in the airport restaurants, etc.) & store the highback in luggage.

ajweeks

Well he *can* fit in the Radian, but not for much longer. He sits in a Parkway fine in my husband's car so I feel safe with him in a booster for travel.

Is the Compass a better booster than the Turbo? How do the wings compare? I'm just wondering if the extra cost of the Compass is really worth it for an extra travel booster (we already have a Regent and Parkway).

I was at the Britax sale and saw the FP boosters that can separate like the Turbo and I thought about buying one, but at $55 it didn't really seem better than a Turbo--they looked pretty small and not very comfortable.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I *think* the FP boosters are based on the discontinued Britax Starriser Comfy -- a bit on the heavy side, shallow head wings & difficult height adjustment :confused: but also with a handy width-adjustable base :) (At least, this is what my Starriser Comfy is like!)

Haven't actually seen the Compass in person, but the older version was a lot shorter than the Turbo or Parkway & also had shallow head wings.... AFAIK, the Turbo is the most comparable to the Parkway.

twokidstwodogs

We own both a Compass B510 and a Turbobooster. I think the Compass is a *much* nicer seat. The headwings look about the same to me, though the extra width of the Compass makes it a little hard to tell. But the fabric is much nicer, and it feels sturdier. The Compass has flip-up armrests, which makes it a lot easier to buckle than the Turbobooster too.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC