Graco Comfort Sport Delux

N

NewMommy

Has anyone heard of the Graco Comfort Sport Delux? I went convertible car seat shopping today. I fell in love with, of course, the RoundAbout, but it's out of my price range. I did see however, the Graco Comfort Sport Delux. It looked very comfortable, easy to use, etc., but I have not heard anything about it. If anyone knows anything about it, please let me know. I appreciate it very much
Thanks!:)

ADS

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
It's a nice seat in a nice price range.

It's a tall seat with high top harness slots, so a child will be able to use it longer both rear-facing and forward-facing. The straps may tend to twist and if you are installing the seat rear-facing, the harness adjuster may get buried in the back seat cushion. The seat also tends to install fairly easily in many cars, which is a bonus.

What age/size child are you using it for? Remember to buy only the 5-point harness version of this seat, not the overhead shield.

N

NewMommy

Thank you MurphyDog:)
I'm buying for my 9 month old daughter. She is 20lbs. if not a lb. or 2 heavier, and around 28-29 inches (we go for her 9mo. check up tomorrow).
The seat I was looking at was the 5 point harness. It's very nice and the material used on the seat is breathable, unlike her carrier-She always sweats in her carrier.
I visited consumerreport.com and read that the seat is only rated good for crashes, but very good and excellent in everything else. I'm more concerned with the ratings on crashes. So I'm debating on the Evenflo, although the Graco, I'm still looking into.
If you know of anywhere else I could find good information on ratings, please let me know.
Thanks so much! ;)

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
The Comfort Sport is a fine choice

Please don't put too much faith in the testing by Consumer Reports. It is quite possible they exaggerate small differences to sell magazines. If you like a model that fits your child and vehicle very well, it will be very safe if used properly. Also see:

http://www.car-safety.org/guide.html#cr

N

NewMommy

Thank you CPSDarren
I'll take that into consideration when I make my decision.
Also, I forgot to give you the model # for those of you who may have information on the Graco Comfort Sport Delux. The model # is: 44912LCBX
I also really like the EvenFlo Triuph 5. It is rated #3 at Consumerreports.com. Any info. anyone might have on it would be great as well.
Thank you all again, I really do appreciate your thoughts and value your advise.
:)

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC