OMG...FUMMING with BRITAX

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I just got off the phone with Britax, and I am FUMMING MAD. I called about the problem with the newly redesigned forward facing lockoff on all the Britax seats...mine just happen to be on the DC. And they gave the standard 'vehicle incapatability' response. I told her it wasn't a problem with the vehicle, but with their product, and that this wasn't an isolated problem. And that they didn't care their product is damaging vehicle seat belts. They can't/won't do anything about my lock off, just told me to quit using it. HELLO...that is a BIG part of why I own Britax seats!

Nice huh?!

ADS

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
I feel for you, Kay! I would be mad too. It sounds like there definitely is a problem with the lockoffs if it is doing that to your seatbelts, and I'm sure you're not the only person it has happened to (or will happen to). It seems like there have been alot of people unhappy with Britax's customer service lately. :mad: I am thinking about calling about my BV that has the recalled tether anchor, but I just know they will tell me the same thing they've told everyone else (to stop using the tether) and that will make me too mad! And then I think that maybe if I give it awhile Britax will come out with a fix for the tether issue and I won't have to call.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
BTW, I asked why they made the decision to change the style of the lock off and she said it was a 'marketing decision'. I told her, well if you care what the parents think...we like the old style better!

I just went out to undo the lock off and use the locking seat belt, and it will not work. I can't get it to click that one last time that I need, and there is too much play in the belt...so the seat will move more then 1" side to side.

I've decided to continue using the lock off...I just didn't tighten the belt as much as I ususally would, so that when the lock off closes, it isn't stretching the belt like it was doing before.

rachel3612

Senior Community Member
I just went out to undo the lock off and use the locking seat belt, and it will not work. I can't get it to click that one last time that I need, and there is too much play in the belt...so the seat will move more then 1" side to side.

Have you tried the trick of un-buckling it, letting it in a few clicks then re-buckle it? It usually takes a lot of bouncing to get it to re-buckle but as long as you don't let it go back too far its possible. That is the only way to get a tight fit with that kind of seat belt.

Rachel
cpst

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
LOL Sorry...I bought 2 DCs a couple of weeks ago to replace the BVs I sold. I wanted the extra height, and yes, IMO it's worth it! LOL Anywho...I don't have LATCH, so they are installed with seat belts (both ff) and using the built in lock off, as my seat belts, while they lock, do not work sufficiently to hold the seats. After a week or so of having them in, I reinstalled to get a different recline (wanted less), and I discovered that my belts had dents where the lock off was...but more then that...if you held it up to the window, light could actually come through the seat belt where the dent was, from stretching the belt due to the lock off and because of the fact that I put them suckers in SOOOO tight!

Well, I found a solution, I think. I undid the lock off. Tried using the locked seat belt and it wouldn't work. I mean, it works...it just won't go that last click that I need to keep it tight...so there is play, and enough that I likely wouldn't get the 1" or less of movement. So...I tightened it back down, but before closing the lock off, I let go of the shoulder belt and then closed the lock off. By not pulling on the shoulder belt while closing the lock off, it wasn't taught...so it didn't have to stretch the belt in order to close it. It seems to have worked...I'll recheck it in a week or so and see if it stretched it like before.

If it doesn't, I'll forgive Britax! ;)

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Have you tried the trick of un-buckling it, letting it in a few clicks then re-buckle it? It usually takes a lot of bouncing to get it to re-buckle but as long as you don't let it go back too far its possible. That is the only way to get a tight fit with that kind of seat belt.

Rachel
cpst

Here is my back seat....
Daycare_Oct06040.jpg

Not a lot of room to work with!

rachel3612

Senior Community Member
I think that is NO room to work with. LOL That trick won't work then, darn. The back seat looks great though, the Graco seat looks so tiny. LOL

Rachel
cpst

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC