Graco Snugride installation question

J

jelainebaolcom

Graco Snugride installation question

We have a Graco Snugride LX5 infant car seat base installed in our 2000 Ford Taurus in the rear middle position. I had the installation originally checked by a certified car seat technician and she helped us get it installed properly. My problem now is that after a while the car seat tends to "list" to the left (driver's side) and the seat ends up tilted. This seems to be because the shoulder portion of the belt naturally tightens itself as time goes on causing the base and seat to tilt. The car does have automatic locking retractors. My husband wants to install a locking clip to try and fix this "problem". I told him not to, because with this type of seatbelt it isn't necessary. I think once and a while we just have to reinstall the base. Can anyone tell me if I am correct, that installing the locking clip would not be a good idea, or if in fact it would help to use a locking clip?

Thank you!

Jennifer
JElaineB@aol.com

ADS
M

murphydog77

Re: Graco Snugride installation question

Hi Jennifer. One of the problems with a locking retractor and a rear-facing seat is that the shoulder belt can pull up on one side of the seat and tip it. Probably what's happening is that the base moves as you take the seat out and put it back in and it eventually starts tipping. You can eliminate the problem by not locking the seat belts and using a locking clip instead.

Here's some help on how to use the locking clip:
www.carseatsite.com/lockingclips.htm

Heather

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC