Regent Installation help!

K

ksenn

I just recd my Regent to put in my Dodge Gr. Caravan on the outboard side behind the passenger seat in the 2nd row. Im going to install our Marathon in my husbands car now. Im very familiar with Britax and their latches, but I cannot get these latch straps to tighten very much. I read and re-read the instructions just to make sure they werent different than the marathon. I put in the recline bar in back and latched in both sides under the bar like it says. They both pull alittle then just stop and I cannot get them to tighten anymore.The seat is still too loose. The Marathon installed so easily, I expected the Regent to install just as well. I cant figure out why they wont tighten anymore, Im assuming it has something to do with the fact that is one belt and not two like the Marathon?

Does anyone have a GCaravan? Can you get it installed with the latches? or should I try the seatbelt? Help! :0 :confused:

ADS

gobsmacked

Have you considered using the belt to install in and using the long belt route? That's how I have my Regent installed and it's a very solid install.

kate4478

Regent installation

I don't have a dodge carivan and I am not a tech, but here is my suggestion. This is what I did and it really helped to tighten the latch. Reach your hand throught the seat belt path, at the bottom of the seat, and with your other hand feed the loop part of the latch strap throught that path and pull in the opposite direction(if you are tightening the right strap pull to the left, and vie versa). LOL, I'm not sure that makes much sense. But that is the only way I could get the latch straps to tighten all the way. And I got a rock solid install. HTH! :D Kate

Kellyr2

Yep. Pull your latch straps through the holes, and pull them diagonally toward the other side of the seat. We had a thread about this a while back and it seems that most Regent users have used that method to get great installs. I definitely prefer latch over the long path seatbelt method, but my ds weighs too much for latch now.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC