higher weight limits for harness?

U

Unregistered

Does anyone know if Evenflo, Graco or Cosco has plans to manufacture a seat with a 5 pt harness that is rated for use above 40 lbs? I am thinking I will need a bigger seat to replace my convertible in about 6 months. I am just starting to see what is out there. I would like to avoid spending $250 is possible, since all seats on the market appear to provide excellent protection in a crash. Of course if $250 is what I have to spend, I will. Thanks!

ADS

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Possibly-

At a conference this week, at least one of those manufacturers hinted that there might be a product announcement of this type at the JPMA conference in May.

Until then, the Britax Marathon (65 lbs), Britax Husky (80 lbs) and Carseat Specialty Airway (50 lbs, under $100) are the only current seats with a 5-point harness rated above 40 pounds. Dmart still has the Futura in stock also ( http://store.yahoo.com/dmart2/fispric20fut.html ). Good luck!

U

Unregistered

I like the husky, but it is just so big!!! I don't imagine it fits well in most cars/vans. What is your experience?

I have a FPSE and am impressed with it. I have had it a few years. I don't want to buy a Futura (even if I was lucky enough to find one) because it would already be 2 years old, and having to replace it in 2-3 years seems impractical. FP seems like they were so innovative, yet there just wasn't enough interest in their product. It is a shame. At the time I really had no idea how neat they were. I especially love the manual with the pictures of real people installing the seats. To be honest I got the SE because it was ranked so safe by CR and was reasonable piced. Prior to seeing that I had a Roundabout, but it just didn't fit well in my car so I returned it. Sorry to be babbling! Thanks for the info Darren!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I have a Super Elite (old non-LATCH Husky), and have fit it easily in a Honda CR-V, a BMW 323i, and now it's comfortably in my Toyota Prius...it fits great in a lot of cars, but you can usually not put anything NEXT to it, that's for sure! I hope there are some more choices on the market soon, too...it was sad to lose those great FP seats :(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC