CARSEATS 4 SALE + personal update....

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I don't have my carseats on me at the moment (at the public library), but will soon be listing the asking prices for my Recaro Young Sport, Britax Parkway & Graco SafeSeat1 -- all are quite new & shipping will be free....
  • Well, I'm quite glad now that good ol' Aunt Flo arrived last month :rolleyes: See, we've poured all our savings into remodeling the new house -- it's in a "scenic, historic" district & we made it usable for the medical office, daycare & personal living space ... then someone from the hopistal which hired my SO (an OBGYN) stopped by to explain that they've decided to shut down the OB dept :eek: He'd opened other practices further downstate, in NYC & on Long Island -- all hopin' within 3 months ... up hear he's had only 3 patients within 3 months :( Last time I took time off work with my parents for my CPST training, I came back to 1/2 an office -- this time I took a week off for my ICEA training & came back to find that I don't have an office at all & Leila's play things are all in the barn storage (no complaints made, no communication whatsoever, but not exactly subtle, eh?!)... soooooooooo, now we're looking at moving to NYC with his family before we go bankrupt *SIGH* I'm packing & slowly moving, listing my stuff in yardsales, applying for Home Equity LOC & selling the van for an old diesel for use with veggie oil, LOL!

ADS

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Awww, hugs, that's a lot of upheaval thrown your way all at once. :( Sorry I can't take any seats off your hands, I have two of the three you're selling already and don't think we could use the Recaro.

What kind of veggie oil car will you be getting? I've heard of converting older Mercedes diesels but haven't heard of other models used with veggie oil. They recently started selling biodiesel at several stations in my area, but I haven't noticed anyone at those pumps when I've been there yet to see what vehicles are filling up with the biodiesel.

Hope everything works out for you and that you'll continue to frequent the forum because you're a great contributor here. :)

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Thanks Jean :) I think he wants a Mercedes, but I want a Passat :rolleyes: Will stop back in as often as I can...!

Tara

Oh wow! Hoping things get lined out and settled down for you. My goodness!! Sorry, I can't any of thos seats off your hands either (I need a higher weight harness seat ;))

Dsunny1

CPST Instructor
I am also sorry to hear about your problems. It is strang how it all happened with no warning, I can't imagine how shocking that is! I hope you come back often, and remain as active as you can.
How much for the Recaro? My sister's 2 1/2 yo is outgrowing her roundabout, and is forward facing (she wouldn't listen to me). Anyway, I am trying to convince them to get a recaro and they can pass the roundabout down to the new baby they are expecting once he is out of his infant seat.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Thanks Tara, Emily & Jen -- we have faith we'll be AOK -- just figuring out how to be :p We looked into VW & he likes the Jetta (good mileage even without veggie fuel) :cool: Buuuuuut, I didn't qualify for the Home Equity loan -- he's making himself available to more nursing homes all over the state (which he hates doing, LOL) & is looking into offering holistic OB services in clients' homes (since he studied in part at New York College For Wholistic Health, Education, Research) :)
  • I'm going to list each seat separately in other threads in a moment....

Last edited:

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Thanks, Melissa ... I posted a separate thread just now for the RYSport & am waiting for my mom to find out the DOM of the PW :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC